Everyone Must Download The Mega Man Legends 3 Demo.

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Everyone Must Download The Mega Man Legends 3 Demo.

Post by lisalover1 »

According to Joystiq, along with the launch of the 3DS' eShop market, Capcom will release a free prototype of Mega Man Legends 3 that includes the first stage or so of the game, as well as a debug mode upon completion. Sounds pretty neat, huh? Well, now you have another reason to download the demo: If enough people do not download it, MML3 will not be made. Yeah, you heard that right. Capcom stated that "The heat and excitement surrounding this downloadable title would determine whether or not the full game could be green-lit. If hype is strong, the full title will be a go. If not, it's a no-go."
Sounds pretty serious, so every Racketeer with a 3DS should download the demo when it comes out in late May, even if you don't like Mega Man. It won't cost you anything, and you don't even have to play it if you don't want to. Just please download it, for the sake of the rest of us. :(

Full story: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/22/mega-man-legends-3-prototype-version-response-will-determine-fat/
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Ack

Re: Everyone Must Download The Mega Man Legends 3 Demo.

Post by Ack »

lisalover1 wrote:According to Joystiq, along with the launch of the 3DS' eShop market, Capcom will release a free prototype of Mega Man Legends 3 that includes the first stage or so of the game, as well as a debug mode upon completion. Sounds pretty neat, huh? Well, now you have another reason to download the demo: If enough people do not download it, MML3 will not be made. Yeah, you heard that right. Capcom stated that "The heat and excitement surrounding this downloadable title would determine whether or not the full game could be green-lit. If hype is strong, the full title will be a go. If not, it's a no-go."
Sounds pretty serious, so every Racketeer with a 3DS should download the demo when it comes out in late May, even if you don't like Mega Man. It won't cost you anything, and you don't even have to play it if you don't want to. Just please download it, for the sake of the rest of us. :(

Full story: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/22/mega-man-legends-3-prototype-version-response-will-determine-fat/

You know, I'm poor, and I was wary of picking up a new handheld as it's not really my market, but damn it lisalover, you had to say I have a chance to get Mega Man Legends 3 released. Damn it, now I need a 3DS.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

lisalover1 wrote: Just please download it, for the sake of the rest of us. :(

no problem there. :)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

So Capcom's resorted to blackmailing us now? Damn how low can they get this gen. :x

But seriously, talk about weird. Has the fan outcry for it for YEARS not already said enough?
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Sweet ill definitly download it. I havent played any mml games before but i keep hearing so much good stuff from all the gamers. So what makes it the 3d version so revered?

PS: the graphics remind me of ape escape lol not a bad thing though...
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I agree with Xeogred here. Seems kinda scummy to announce it after all these years only to threaten to take it away.

It's like a bratty kid: "Do what I say or you can't play with my toys!"

Well, it doesn't matter in the end, if those are the stakes then that's the way it is. I'm sorry to say though that I don't have a 3ds...

If I did I'd download the demo right away.

Here's hoping it turns out ok.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Well, I think the fan demand was enough to allocate resources for a demo. To turn that into a finished product they want to make sure there's enough people they can sell it to.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

What's really sad is that not only Capcom holding this game hostage, it appears that they're going to be charging for the demo. :|
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MrPopo wrote:Well, I think the fan demand was enough to allocate resources for a demo. To turn that into a finished product they want to make sure there's enough people they can sell it to.

Well it's just sad considering they already canceled Mega Man Universe, which looked good and bad I guess depending on some opinions, but it's Mega Man we're talking here. What would they rather give us instead... more Dead Rising? Dark Void 2? ... lol.

Just wait until the new DMC bombs. That'll be hilarious, which would more than likely require a ton more resources and whatnot than a 3DS title. It's Ninja Theory and most fans aren't pleased with everything we've heard about it so far, so I don't think it's far fetched to say it could be a big stinker.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:What's really sad is that not only Capcom holding this game hostage, it appears that they're going to be charging for the demo. :|

It worked for GT5.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.