Everyone Must Download The Mega Man Legends 3 Demo.

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Everyone Must Download The Mega Man Legends 3 Demo.

Post by Xeogred »

The criteria was that it wasn't Resident Evil. :wink: :roll:

Yeah, did INTI develop the Mega Man Zero games as well? MM9-10 were gold. I've been meaning to pickup the Zero DS Collection someday, hopefully it's not rare or anything.

It's just very sad that MM9-10 have been probably the best Capcom games I've played this gen, in a sense. There is pretty much no way to mess up that formula and as a 20 year fan of the NES titles they definitely did a perfect job with them. But most of their REAL new games and the direction they've been heading these past few years? Total crap if you ask me. Dead Rising sucks in my book, Lost Planet is okay but nothing special, Dark Void was horrendous, I had some fun with Bionic Commando but will probably never touch it again, the new DMC looks terrible to me and they've milked RE so hard I don't even care anymore. I thought they'd always be one of the longest lasting companies I'd continue to love, but boy did they prove me wrong big time over the last few years. Canceling this right after canceling Mega Man Universe (as awkward as it looked) just kind of cracks me up now. They have no idea what they're doing.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Xeogred wrote:Canceling this right after canceling Mega Man Universe (as awkward as it looked) just kind of cracks me up now. They have no idea what they're doing.

I game because of Megaman. It was the first game I ever played. I have been hooked ever since.

So you can understand, I believe, how much developments like this truly bother me. I fear that if this current inability to bring a game to market unless it is one of their AAA franchises is a result of Inafune's absence, Capcom will finally follow Square, Konami, and all the other great 80's game companies into mediocrity now.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

The problem is that Capcom is no longer a company trying to create awesome games for their fans. It's now just your run of the mill company, out sourcing their products and milking their franchises into the depths of oblivion. Capcom was once filled to the brim with designers trying to make the funnest and most creative games possible. Now they're just a joke to me really. It's astounding how far they've fallen. It's not like I say that offhandedly out of spite, they worked very hard to jade my opinion so sharply.

Also, I really doubt MML3 was going to capture the magic of the first two games. I'm sure it would have been pretty underwhelming and felt foreign.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

:twisted:
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

@Flake: Same deal here. I have some of the fondest memories of the old Mega Man games in my entire gaming career. Lived with my grandparents for awhile when I was a kid and my grandpa would rent a game for me maybe once a week or so, 80% of the time I picked up a Mega Man game. I got every achievement in MM9-10 and know MM1-6 now like the back of my hand, timeless stuff.

But yeah I totally agree. Just another one of the Japanese greats that has fallen pretty flat this generation and it'll be almost impossible to recover from. Just like I'm rooting for Mistwalker over Square Enix, I'm now rooting for Platinum Games over Capcom. The smaller companies have the veterans now and without them SE/Capcom have obviously lost a lot of good creative control and direction.

Things like this bother me though, but I guess this is how a lot of industries work. Do we see the rich Square Enix or Capcom taking any risks at all or coming up with very many new IP's? Hardly. Instead it's the little guys like Mistwalker and Platinum Games doing things differently, but it's harder for them to hit those numbers when they don't have the huge finances to back up their products all the time.

Konami I don't think has fallen as low as these two and they seem to take their time with their IP's (at least compared to these two again), but yeah. Who knows if that'll last. They're probably lucky to still have Kojima on board.

@brunoafh: The outsourcing idea as they've been strongly pushing this generation has definitely been one of the biggest nails in the coffin. Them trying to completely cater to Western audiences. I understand that from what it sounds like, the West is a bigger gaming market nowadays but still... it's one of the most annoying things this generation to me, seeing so many Japanese ditch their ways and try to play it safe by churning out stuff like the West does. Not to knock on Western games as there's plenty of great ones out there easily, but still. I want my Japanese games to be fused with Japanese-ness (I have no idea how to put it here, haha. But you guys probably know what I'm trying to say).

In the end it could just really go to show how much influence people like Mikami, Inafune, Kamiya, Sakaguchi, etc have within these companies. And without them these companies have completely lost their own identity and direction. It's not to say they were perfect with these guys, but seriously when Square Soft became Square Enix, and Capcom lost that triforce, things went downhill fast.
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

What a bummer. : /
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
Flake

Post by Flake »

brunoafh wrote:Also, I really doubt MML3 was going to capture the magic of the first two games. I'm sure it would have been pretty underwhelming and felt foreign.

You've been pretty much anti-MML3 from the get go. Some of us were really looking forward to it, you know? If you don't mind, could you please dance on its grave elsewhere? I mean, shit dude. It's been cancelled - is there a need to rub it in?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Maybe the MML3 devs can start a Strider 3? :D
(I can dream...)
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

GSZX1337 wrote:Maybe the MML3 devs can start a Strider 3? :D
(I can dream...)

How about a sequel to Captain Commando? :)
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
mugenmidget
32-bit

Post by mugenmidget »

This is pretty ridiculous, they're getting hate bombed hard at Capcom Unity in the comments section. Lots of people registering accounts just to voice their disgust. I hope they keep coming out of the woodwork, this game deserved better.
http://twitch.tv/multitapmugen
Live gaming streams, click the URL above to visit our channel!