Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
CatchFiveBats
24-bit

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

Post by CatchFiveBats »

I've always loved Adventure Time (rarely watch it since I never seem to be able to take the time to sit in front of the TV - outside of games, of course), but have somehow never heard of this show. Looks like there are streaming episodes online...will have to sit down and watch a few sometime~

Miracle_Warrior wrote:Or how about the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith where they transport that card with the video on it inside a Turbo Express?

Seriously!? That's awesome haha
元モー娘。高橋愛推し
If I ever mention Morning Musume/Momusu/Aichan (Takahashi Ai) and you wonder who/what I'm talking about, or if you're curious about who the girl in my avatar is...here and here

My B/S/T Thread

RFGeneration Collection Profile
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Is the Master System a worthwhile purchase. I've seen a few 60hz switched ones and wondered if the library makes it worth picking up?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Man, I love stuff like this. Awesome! It wasn't long ago I had made a thread about the show Chuck where he pulled out an SNES and a Final Fantasy game to play with his superspy girlfriend, and that was on an NBC primetime show!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Betagam7 wrote:Is the Master System a worthwhile purchase. I've seen a few 60hz switched ones and wondered if the library makes it worth picking up?

I'm no SMS expert but back when I wanted one I didn't found too many games that really appealed me. It has many solid games but a sizable part are arcade ports better availble elsewhere.

In the end the reason I couldn't justify it was that as cool as Spellcaster and Phantasy Star are, they just have too much competition from other games of the same genre and I felt that I would rather play something else.

Those are my two cents. I'm also very picky about what I buy so you should take what I say with a grain of salt.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
markeconrad
24-bit

Post by markeconrad »

General_Norris wrote:
Betagam7 wrote:Is the Master System a worthwhile purchase. I've seen a few 60hz switched ones and wondered if the library makes it worth picking up?

I'm no SMS expert but back when I wanted one I didn't found too many games that really appealed me. It has many solid games but a sizable part are arcade ports better availble elsewhere.

In the end the reason I couldn't justify it was that as cool as Spellcaster and Phantasy Star are, they just have too much competition from other games of the same genre and I felt that I would rather play something else.

Those are my two cents. I'm also very picky about what I buy so you should take what I say with a grain of salt.

Yeah, there are some interesting titles, especially via import, to pick up for a collector, but as far as actual gaming, there's a reason it lost that console war while barely putting up a fight. If you like having odd brazilian imports, then have at it!
ProfessorK
64-bit

Post by ProfessorK »

Regular Show is one of my favorite cartoons. The first episode I saw had the SMS in it so it was love at first sight, haha. That and because its often very funny.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Miracle_Warrior wrote:
noiseredux wrote:haha that's awesome. That reminds me, my wife was recently watching an old made for TV movie and the kid in it was playing a fucking Nomad! She called me to come look and she's like "what handheld is that???" it was so random. I'll have to ask her what the movie was.

Or how about the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith where they transport that card with the video on it inside a Turbo Express? I thought that was the most random prop in a movie.

In the movie Fallen, the Kid is playing an original Game Boy with no cartridge in the back, but you can clearly hear the music from Wario Land playing.

I don't remember a movie with a Sega Nomad, but I do remember the Sega Game Gear in the movie Surf Ninjas.
pakopako
Next-Gen

Post by pakopako »

CatchFiveBats wrote:
Miracle_Warrior wrote:Or how about the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith where they transport that card with the video on it inside a Turbo Express?
Seriously!? That's awesome haha
A compact flash cart inside a TurboeXpress. I still was amazed they brought that puppy out.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Saw Sega Master System on Cartoon Network

Post by BurningDoom »

I was watching Stargate Atlantis on my DVR. When it ended, the channel was on Cartoon Network. Some cartoon called "The Regular Show" was on. And on it, the characters were playing a Sega Master System. There was no doubt about it, it looked just like one, it showed a cartridge sticking out of it with the red label, and it even showed the controller with the strange square d-pad.

This might be well known, sorry if it is. I just thought it was neat, since it's a modern cartoon.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Re: Saw Sega Master System on Cartoon Network

Post by swiftzx »

BurningDoom wrote:I was watching Stargate Atlantis on my DVR. When it ended, the channel was on Cartoon Network. Some cartoon called "The Regular Show" was on. And on it, the characters were playing a Sega Master System. There was no doubt about it, it looked just like one, it showed a cartridge sticking out of it with the red label, and it even showed the controller with the strange square d-pad.

This might be well known, sorry if it is. I just thought it was neat, since it's a modern cartoon.

It is the Master System all right! Yet we already have a thread for it ;)

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28725&hilit=regular+show
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428