Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
User avatar
CatchFiveBats
24-bit
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:37 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by CatchFiveBats Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I've always loved Adventure Time (rarely watch it since I never seem to be able to take the time to sit in front of the TV - outside of games, of course), but have somehow never heard of this show. Looks like there are streaming episodes online...will have to sit down and watch a few sometime~

Miracle_Warrior wrote:Or how about the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith where they transport that card with the video on it inside a Turbo Express?

Seriously!? That's awesome haha
元モー娘。高橋愛推し
If I ever mention Morning Musume/Momusu/Aichan (Takahashi Ai) and you wonder who/what I'm talking about, or if you're curious about who the girl in my avatar is...here and here

My B/S/T Thread

Image
RFGeneration Collection Profile
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by Betagam7 Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Is the Master System a worthwhile purchase. I've seen a few 60hz switched ones and wondered if the library makes it worth picking up?
User avatar
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10185
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by Gamerforlife Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Man, I love stuff like this. Awesome! It wasn't long ago I had made a thread about the show Chuck where he pulled out an SNES and a Final Fantasy game to play with his superspy girlfriend, and that was on an NBC primetime show!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
User avatar
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by Erik_Twice Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Betagam7 wrote:Is the Master System a worthwhile purchase. I've seen a few 60hz switched ones and wondered if the library makes it worth picking up?

I'm no SMS expert but back when I wanted one I didn't found too many games that really appealed me. It has many solid games but a sizable part are arcade ports better availble elsewhere.

In the end the reason I couldn't justify it was that as cool as Spellcaster and Phantasy Star are, they just have too much competition from other games of the same genre and I felt that I would rather play something else.

Those are my two cents. I'm also very picky about what I buy so you should take what I say with a grain of salt.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
User avatar
markeconrad
24-bit
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by markeconrad Fri May 06, 2011 11:33 pm

General_Norris wrote:
Betagam7 wrote:Is the Master System a worthwhile purchase. I've seen a few 60hz switched ones and wondered if the library makes it worth picking up?

I'm no SMS expert but back when I wanted one I didn't found too many games that really appealed me. It has many solid games but a sizable part are arcade ports better availble elsewhere.

In the end the reason I couldn't justify it was that as cool as Spellcaster and Phantasy Star are, they just have too much competition from other games of the same genre and I felt that I would rather play something else.

Those are my two cents. I'm also very picky about what I buy so you should take what I say with a grain of salt.


Yeah, there are some interesting titles, especially via import, to pick up for a collector, but as far as actual gaming, there's a reason it lost that console war while barely putting up a fight. If you like having odd brazilian imports, then have at it!
User avatar
ProfessorK
64-bit
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:02 am
Location: Fulton, NY

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by ProfessorK Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am

Regular Show is one of my favorite cartoons. The first episode I saw had the SMS in it so it was love at first sight, haha. That and because its often very funny.
Image
User avatar
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5182
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by samsonlonghair Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:34 am

Miracle_Warrior wrote:
noiseredux wrote:haha that's awesome. That reminds me, my wife was recently watching an old made for TV movie and the kid in it was playing a fucking Nomad! She called me to come look and she's like "what handheld is that???" it was so random. I'll have to ask her what the movie was.


Or how about the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith where they transport that card with the video on it inside a Turbo Express? I thought that was the most random prop in a movie.

In the movie Fallen, the Kid is playing an original Game Boy with no cartridge in the back, but you can clearly hear the music from Wario Land playing.

I don't remember a movie with a Sega Nomad, but I do remember the Sega Game Gear in the movie Surf Ninjas.
User avatar
pakopako
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Master System Appearance In Modern Cartoon!

by pakopako Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm

CatchFiveBats wrote:
Miracle_Warrior wrote:Or how about the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith where they transport that card with the video on it inside a Turbo Express?
Seriously!? That's awesome haha
A compact flash cart inside a TurboeXpress. I still was amazed they brought that puppy out.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
User avatar
BurningDoom
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:14 am

Saw Sega Master System on Cartoon Network

by BurningDoom Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I was watching Stargate Atlantis on my DVR. When it ended, the channel was on Cartoon Network. Some cartoon called "The Regular Show" was on. And on it, the characters were playing a Sega Master System. There was no doubt about it, it looked just like one, it showed a cartridge sticking out of it with the red label, and it even showed the controller with the strange square d-pad.

This might be well known, sorry if it is. I just thought it was neat, since it's a modern cartoon.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
User avatar
swiftzx
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: Youngsville,NC

Re: Saw Sega Master System on Cartoon Network

by swiftzx Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:39 pm

BurningDoom wrote:I was watching Stargate Atlantis on my DVR. When it ended, the channel was on Cartoon Network. Some cartoon called "The Regular Show" was on. And on it, the characters were playing a Sega Master System. There was no doubt about it, it looked just like one, it showed a cartridge sticking out of it with the red label, and it even showed the controller with the strange square d-pad.

This might be well known, sorry if it is. I just thought it was neat, since it's a modern cartoon.



It is the Master System all right! Yet we already have a thread for it ;)

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28725&hilit=regular+show
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Return to Old-School Gaming News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest