Zombies ate my neighbors movie.

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Zombies ate my neighbors movie.

Post by noiseredux »

sevin0seven wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I'd actually rather it be like an 80's b-movie. WITH sex and swearing and stuff.

or it could be like the Evil Dead: Army of Darkness. :P

yeah I don't know. It's so shlocky, I feel like it should be done by Fred Dekker (Monster Squad, Night Of The Creeps, etc) and done in that style.
Evildeadmanwalking77
128-bit

Post by Evildeadmanwalking77 »

Yeah it would be awesome if they made it like a true horror flick with sex & gore. I mean after all the title of the game alone strongly would suggest the gore! You have to save cheer leaders in the game so there you have the right approach for the sex part! :wink:
I am addicted to video games, especially retro gaming from my era. I have: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy, GBA, Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I have probably over 1,000 games in total for all these systems combined. Yes, I need help and I wouldn't have it any other way! This is my passion and hey my wife still loves me!!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Evildeadmanwalking77 wrote:Yeah it would be awesome if they made it like a true horror flick with sex & gore. I mean after all the title of the game alone strongly would suggest the gore! You have to save cheer leaders in the game so there you have the right approach for the sex part! :wink:

you and me, man. We just "get" it.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

noiseredux wrote:
Evildeadmanwalking77 wrote:Yeah it would be awesome if they made it like a true horror flick with sex & gore. I mean after all the title of the game alone strongly would suggest the gore! You have to save cheer leaders in the game so there you have the right approach for the sex part! :wink:

you and me, man. We just "get" it.

ZAMN was supposed to be cheesy, not horrific. Whatever you're "getting" isn't something I want to see in a ZAMN movie.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoringSupreez wrote:ZAMN was supposed to be cheesy, not horrific. Whatever you're "getting" isn't something I want to see in a ZAMN movie.

nobody said "horrific." We're talking about it being like campy 80's b-movies. Have you ever seen Return Of The Living Dead for instance? Silly. Fun. Funny. Blood. Boobs.

Considering the game is pretty much an homage to horror b-flicks, it would be kind of pointless to make a movie out of the game that doesn't reflect that influence.
Last edited by noiseredux on Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

it looks like there's another ZAMN film in the works: http://www.facebook.com/ZombiesAteMyNeighborsFanFilm

this one is Fan made and currently in progress..
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

noiseredux wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:ZAMN was supposed to be cheesy, not horrific. Whatever you're "getting" isn't something I want to see in a ZAMN movie.

nobody said "horrific." We're talking about it being like campy 80's b-movies. Have you ever seen Return Of The Living Dead for instance? Silly. Fun. Funny. Blood. Boobs.

Considering the game is pretty much an homage to horror b-flicks, it would be kind of pointless to make a movie out of the game that doesn't reflect that influence.

That's what made me think of horrific. The phrase "true horror flick with sex & gore" makes me think of Saw, not Gremlins.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoringSupreez wrote:That's what made me think of horrific. The phrase "true horror flick" makes me think of Saw, not Gremlins.

I'm not talking about Saw. And I'm not talking about Gremlins.

I'm talking more ...Re-Animator. Something like that. Yes, there's blood. But you won't be scared of it or anything.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

noiseredux wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:That's what made me think of horrific. The phrase "true horror flick" makes me think of Saw, not Gremlins.

I'm not talking about Saw. And I'm not talking about Gremlins.

I'm talking more ...Re-Animator. Something like that. Yes, there's blood. But you won't be scared of it or anything.

Hmm. Well, maybe something like that, but I would prefer if it was kept PG-13 level.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoringSupreez wrote:Hmm. Well, maybe something like that, but I would prefer if it was kept PG-13 level.

why?