Crazy Taxi on 360

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Re: Crazy Taxi on 360

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

CRTGAMER wrote:I would love to play DC Crazy Taxi with this, alas doesn't work with any of my adaptors.
Have you tried switching your adapters to either a "steering wheel" or "joystick" configuration? I know on my Total Control Plus, there's a switch on the side that you can change to either a joypad, joystick, or steering wheel config :idea: :?:
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I would love to play DC Crazy Taxi with this, alas doesn't work with any of my adaptors.
Have you tried switching your adapters to either a "steering wheel" or "joystick" configuration? I know on my Total Control Plus, there's a switch on the side that you can change to either a joypad, joystick, or steering wheel config :idea: :?:
3 different Total Controls. Yes all modes tried including PSX Controller, Driving Controller even a Keyboard selection. Unfortunately the steering knob is dead thru the various adaptors, and the steering is done with the A and B Gas and Brake analog buttons. Oh well, there is always the DC V3 driving wheel.

Back to 360 Crazy Taxi. Besides unlimited time, are there additional courses and hints of possibly future tracks for download?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

GSZX1337 wrote:
Breetai wrote:Only 360?

It's also on PSN.

Woo Hoo!

I'm an idiot. I have the original on DC and the PS2 port, but for some reason I feel like supporting Sega putting stuff on PSN. I don't even mind the lack of Offspring and Bad Religion. I just with KFC was still in it...

benderx wrote:I bought original on ps2.

No you didn't. The only original is on Dreamcast. You bought a port of the original.

You could say that you bought a port of the original on PS2.
Last edited by Breetai on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Just 100% it. Managed to do the entire crazy box from start to finish without needing to retry. First time I've ever managed that. Usually I get stuck on a few...
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

benderx wrote:I bought original on ps2.

No you didn't. The only original is on Dreamcast. You bought a port of the original.

Breetai wrote: You could say that you bought a port of the original on PS2.

Of course I know its a port. From Arcade 1999 to Dreamcast to Ps2... etc

Original meaning part 1 crazy taxi not 2 or 3.

The Arcade version was fun. But I don't get why Asians or Koreans teens didn't like to play that game, they tend laugh at it. Which I find awkward. The music is fun. I remember teen girls would the hell out of DDR. I never got the chance to play 18 Wheeler.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Breetai wrote:The only original is on Dreamcast.

If you're going that route, the only original is the arcade one.

Edit: Just seen that bendex himself answered the same thing.
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

Post by Pabstblueribbon »

I think sega needs to take a little time to update these ports, at least graphics wise. Anyone who is not a retro gaming fan, or grew up with the game, are probably going to be turned off. If you show this game to a 9 year old, the graphics will probably turn them off immediately (this is how it was when i was a kid and saw an atari compared to my NES). I know playing the original has some value for retro gamers, but i dont see this being a title that many newer gamers are going to jump all over.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Pabstblueribbon wrote:I think sega needs to take a little time to update these ports, at least graphics wise. Anyone who is not a retro gaming fan, or grew up with the game, are probably going to be turned off. If you show this game to a 9 year old, the graphics will probably turn them off immediately (this is how it was when i was a kid and saw an atari compared to my NES). I know playing the original has some value for retro gamers, but i dont see this being a title that many newer gamers are going to jump all over.

Yeah that and the audio is atrocious, and not because it doesn't have the original soundtrack, I'm not too bothered about that. It's just that the samples are so low quality that it gets painful to listen to after a while. It's a completely shoddy port. The graphics actually look worse than the DC version.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
MikeyW
24-bit

Post by MikeyW »

I was seriously going to get this on the 360 until I played the trial, when I realised that it didn't have the original soundtrack. It suddenly dawned on me at that point just how important it was to me to hear those same 4 or 5 Offspring and Bad Religion songs repeated over and over and over again.

Although I suspected that the songs would be different, I'm genuinely surprised at just how much the removal of the original soundtrack has influenced my decision to buy the game, considering it obviously has no effect on the gameplay, which was fine by the way. And yes, I know I could use the custom soundtrack feature, but it's not the same. No "All I Want", no sale I'm afraid.

Is no one else just a little disappointed that the songs have been changed?
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

Post by Pabstblueribbon »

MikeyW wrote:I was seriously going to get this on the 360 until I played the trial, when I realised that it didn't have the original soundtrack. It suddenly dawned on me at that point just how important it was to me to hear those same 4 or 5 Offspring and Bad Religion songs repeated over and over and over again.

Although I suspected that the songs would be different, I'm genuinely surprised at just how much the removal of the original soundtrack has influenced my decision to buy the game, considering it obviously has no effect on the gameplay, which was fine by the way. And yes, I know I could use the custom soundtrack feature, but it's not the same. No "All I Want", no sale I'm afraid.

Is no one else just a little disappointed that the songs have been changed?

not at all, always played it on mute with a cd playing. i hate the offspring.