Crazy Taxi Remake Coming In November

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Re: Crazy Taxi Remake Coming In November

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Josh wrote:
No, it just sucks to have a 360 but not able to get online because your ethernet cable isn't long enough and you're too stubborn to pay $100 for an adapter.
Not to mention you have to pay for the internet service just so you can actually download the game!
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

Perhaps there will be an option to playback mp3's stored on the hard drive like some games do (btw is there a list of games, demos that allow this?, almost deserves another thread)
In that way you could just select you're favorite original ost from that game, which I'm sure you can download from somewhere.
I'm curious about the 16:9 mode. They should throw in some extra's like CT2 or something.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:
Josh wrote:
No, it just sucks to have a 360 but not able to get online because your ethernet cable isn't long enough and you're too stubborn to pay $100 for an adapter.
Not to mention you have to pay for the internet service just so you can actually download the game!

Errr. No you don't. Xbox Live Silver is free. You only need a silver account to buy games from XBLA.

If you don't want to pay for a wireless adaptor, bridge your internet connection with a crossover cable (£/$3 max). If you don't have a computer/laptop near, then get a WRT54G router for £30 and put DD-WRT on it and use it as a wireless bridge. Easy. I did this until I moved house and my room is on the top floor and I need an N adaptor just to get 2 bars on our router. So had to get a wireless n adaptor, still, I only paid £30 for mine second hand...
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Niode wrote:
Errr. No you don't. Xbox Live Silver is free. You only need a silver account to buy games from XBLA.

If you don't want to pay for a wireless adaptor, bridge your internet connection with a crossover cable (£/$3 max). If you don't have a computer/laptop near, then get a WRT54G router for £30 and put DD-WRT on it and use it as a wireless bridge. Easy. I did this until I moved house and my room is on the top floor and I need an N adaptor just to get 2 bars on our router. So had to get a wireless n adaptor, still, I only paid £30 for mine second hand...
Regardless you still have to pay for wireless.. And to download games, let's be honest, if you want leaderboards and online play you need to pay gold which is a joke, and is what a lot of the XBL titles offer... I'll give you this though, XBL has a much better selection of downloadable titles than PSN, so it pays off somewhat in the end...
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Josh
64-bit

Post by Josh »

Well I have my Laptop with Windows 7 here. Do I need to use a special program or can I just plug in my ethernet cable and instant bridge?
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Josh wrote:Well I have my Laptop with Windows 7 here. Do I need to use a special program or can I just plug in my ethernet cable and instant bridge?

You need a crossover cable, not an ethernet cable. Just enable internet connection sharing on your ethernet port and share your wireless connection. That's it.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:
Niode wrote:

Regardless you still have to pay for wireless.. And to download games, let's be honest, if you want leaderboards and online play you need to pay gold which is a joke, and is what a lot of the XBL titles offer... I'll give you this though, XBL has a much better selection of downloadable titles than PSN, so it pays off somewhat in the end...

Not on the new 360s. Leaderboards still work on Silver AFAIK. It's just if you want to play against other people you can't. Which isn't even relevant on Crazy Taxi.
Josh
64-bit

Post by Josh »

Niode wrote:
Josh wrote:Well I have my Laptop with Windows 7 here. Do I need to use a special program or can I just plug in my ethernet cable and instant bridge?

You need a crossover cable, not an ethernet cable. Just enable internet connection sharing on your ethernet port and share your wireless connection. That's it.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Sorry for topic jacking.

For some reason I think it would be relatively interesting for online multiplayer on Crazy Taxi... who could run over the most people first, who can steal the most customers, hell just seeing two or four taxis fighting to get one customer is pretty funny in itself.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
Xelyx
32-bit

Post by Xelyx »

Niode wrote:

Beat me to it. I use the cable that came with my 360, that's just an ethernet cable, right?
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Xelyx wrote:
Niode wrote:

Beat me to it. I use the cable that came with my 360, that's just an ethernet cable, right?