13%
Card Games
23%

Total votes: 30

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: January 2020 Together Retro Poll

Post by noiseredux »

pierrot wrote:Is this going to prompt a recurring January theme where everyone just plays the 'newly minted' retro games of the year?

Personally I think that would be awesome. And I'm thrilled at the enthusiasm that that option has gotten so far.
lordb0rb4
32-bit

Post by lordb0rb4 »

Did a massive 98 games list if 2010 newly retro win and in retrospective it was an outstading year for gaming.
The 7th generation was my favorite generation simply because i could buy most games day 1 and had all 3 major consoles and a gaming able PC, it was heaven.
Next year my main gaming goal will be revisit this amazing year being it TR or not. :lol:
Last edited by lordb0rb4 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Ack wrote:2010: Alan Wake released that year on Xbox 360. I've owned it for years but never actually sat down with it.

I also have Alan Wake sitting on my shelf. I only played about 20 minutes of it. Seems neat but I just haven't tackled it yet.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Hello, 2010.

Y'know what? I never even voted. But I would have voted for 2010 as well.

Vast list of choices for January. I'm leaning towards Xenoblade Chronicles which I've been meaning to play... Apparently for a decade now.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

It sounds like a bunch of people are planning on playing Alan Wake. I may join in on that since it’s been sitting in my collection for years.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm also considering Metroid Other M, which I know is divisive.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I have heard the gameplay is good, it's the story and characterization that are bad. The divisiveness seems to come down to whether, for any given individual, one factor overpowers the other.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

The gameplay is pretty good, and it has a solid postgame. Also, the story and characterization aren’t that bad if you aren’t someone who freaks out over those things. Some first-person hidden object puzzles do spoil things a bit, though. It is by no means a great game, but it’s a pretty good one despite its reputation.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

A friend of mine (whom I mentioned this TR to) informed me that the first Darksiders is a 2010 game, so I may be finally trying to play through that next month~. I liked it alright when I played it years ago, I just couldn't really stick with it.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Would the new Darksiders Warmaster Edition work... that is the version I have for the Wii U?

*I have read the Wii U version is more like the original PS3 and 360 version instead of the PS4 and XBONE Warmastered version.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.