23%
We Need to Talk About Kemco
20%

Total votes : 44
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: May, 2019 - BAD TO THE BONE!!!

by Michi Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! It’s BAD TO THE BONE!

Get ready to trash some bad games!!!

Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to reading about everyones fevered decent into utter trash :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:52 pm

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 pm

Yes! It’s on my list! (Also...are you going to play Lagoon? Most critics hate that game; so, I think it will work for next month.) I’ve also got:

and...

Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Bleh, I'm not really into playing bad games the way I'm into watching bad movies. But I might as well try Prize Fighter for Sega CD or NFL Quarterback Club 2000 for Dreamcast since they've both been clogging up the old backlog...

What's the opinion on The Castlevania Adventure for Game Boy or Castlevania II: Simon's Quest for NES? Are they bad enough to count?

Does anyone else have the Xbox Live Indie Game No Luca No? It could be fun to compare scores in that, though I wouldn't really want to play it otherwise.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Castlevania: The Adventure counts, even if it does have one really good segment.

Also...you don’t have to beat the games. No one expects you to do that. Just play them for a bit and get on the forums to tell us about your experiences. The goal is a good, fun conversation about bad, not fun games!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:24 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Yes! It’s on my list! (Also...are you going to play Lagoon? Most critics hate that game; so, I think it will work for next month.)

Maybe.

Critics hate it, but I like it!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Yes! It’s on my list! (Also...are you going to play Lagoon? Most critics hate that game; so, I think it will work for next month.)

Maybe.

Critics hate it, but I like it!

Honestly...those are the sort of games I’m hoping to discover this month. I feel like there are a fair number of games out there that many critics played for a few minutes at the time of release, hated, and lambasted in a review without really taking the time to appreciate or understand them. Lagoon may be one such game, and I know Shadow Tower (PS1) is another. EGM gave it a 2/10 review at release, and reading the review, it’s pretty obvious the reviewer played it for like 30 minutes, kept dying (because, you know, it’s a really challenging From Software game), decided he hated it, and moved on to something else. Certainly, the game has its flaws, but I found it a really engaging experience. E.T. is another example. Many, many people think it’s terrible, perhaps even the worst game ever made. It isn’t. If you actually learn how to play it and take the time to read what you’re supposed to be doing, which you had to do for those old Atari 2600 games, you’ll discover it’s actually pretty good. People who hate on it, or label it the worst game ever made, demonstrate to me: (1) they were too lazy to try to figure it out; (2) they haven’t played any really bad game; and (3) they certainly haven’t played many Atari games.

Then..of course...there are games that just suck...like Rap Jam Vol. 1, Kid Kool, or To the Moon. :lol:
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Damn, I'm not sure the game I had in mind for next month will be bad enough. Twinbee RPG is apparently a pretty competent (if quite simplified) Chrono Trigger clone (what an odd sentence to type :lol: ).

I'll have to go looking for other 100 yen games now to see if they're terrible. Granted I could also just buy 2 or 3 at random and assume they're terrible. Then I could even be very surprised if they turn out fun! :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Are you in Japan? Want some shit? Get a Famicom.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:06 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Are you in Japan? Want some shit? Get a Famicom.

The thing is I generally am not that big a fan of Famicom games, and I have a NES Classic for any 8-bit games I really do like, so I'd be buying a Famicom literally to not enjoy playing games on it :lol: . Unless on of you guys wants to paypal me $60 to do that, I'm not too keen on dropping that kind of money on something I'm specifically going to not enjoy :P

However Atlantis No Nazo IS on the Famicom Mini, so perhaps this is a good a time as ever to pick up one of those little guys. I've had my eye on one for a while after all but just couldn't justify the cost until now XD
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Return to Together Retro