34%
Non-Adventure Sierra/Dynamix Games
19%

Total votes: 32

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro April Poll

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I chose Monster Raising and Robots Fighting Robots.

Megami Tensei and Joy Mech Fight are what I'm thinking of as options.

Good times!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

IT IS NECK AND NECK RIGHT NOW! Who will win!? ROBOTS?! MONSTERS?! Or will the one I want to win that no one will pick make a come from behind victory with DEFUNCT ONLINE GAMES!? AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm pretty confident it won't be the latter.

If it's a tie everyone needs to play a Dragon Quest Monsters game and only use mech monsters.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I voted for Dragon Quest Monsters.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Okay, I play through RPGs slooowly these days so I got a jump start on Megami Tensei.

BUT if Robots wins I have a copy of Joy Mech Fight on the way.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

if Monsters wins, does DQ5 count?

The title introduced a gameplay dynamic in which monsters from random encounters may offer to join the player's party. This concept was used in later Dragon Quest games, as well as in the Dragon Quest Monsters series as the primary way to form a party. The game's monster-collecting concept has since become influential, appearing in many later franchises such as Pokémon, Digimon and Dokapon.[9]

I wish this poll ended sooner, as it means it'll probably be at least a week into April before I can secure a game to play.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

noiseredux wrote:I wish this poll ended sooner, as it means it'll probably be at least a week into April before I can secure a game to play.

Yeah I think it's time to just flip a coin.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

noiseredux wrote:if Monsters wins, does DQ5 count?

The title introduced a gameplay dynamic in which monsters from random encounters may offer to join the player's party. This concept was used in later Dragon Quest games, as well as in the Dragon Quest Monsters series as the primary way to form a party. The game's monster-collecting concept has since become influential, appearing in many later franchises such as Pokémon, Digimon and Dokapon.[9]

I wish this poll ended sooner, as it means it'll probably be at least a week into April before I can secure a game to play.

If I were running the month I'd say DQ5 is very marginal. The monster capturing gameplay is quite optional, and most of them don't scale well enough to be worth using even if you do engage in it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:If I were running the month I'd say DQ5 is very marginal. The monster capturing gameplay is quite optional, and most of them don't scale well enough to be worth using even if you do engage in it.

well here's where I'm at: someone's offering me this game, so if it 'counts' then I'll play that without spending any money. I'd be happy not spending money.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I mean, if you're getting the game for free get the game for free; it's a great game worth playing even if it doesn't "count" for this month.