Total votes: 55

Michi
Next-Gen

Re: February Together Retro Poll

Post by Michi »

Ack wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Question:

Does Hogan’s Alley count?

Well, folks have been talking about playing light gun games like Virtua Cop or House of the Dead...

Michi, what are you cool with?

As long as the screen does at least most of the 'walking' for you, I say they're good to go. Hogan's Alley may be kinda pushing it, as I think it's more of a gallery shooter. But if you're playing Game B, the screen does indeed 'walk' you down the alley, even if that walking is only far enough to get you to the next static screen. So I'll consider it and others like it a precursor and let them slide. Things like Dunk Hunt, though, are a nope.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I agree! Just checking the boundaries here (along with your knowledge of Hogan’s Alley!).
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

:lol: I'll admit I had to double check, since it's been a while since I played Hogan's Alley. I couldn't quite remember how the screen transitioned. Wasn't sure if it moved like I thought it did, or if I was remembering wrong and it just switched to another scene (I think I was mixing up the different game scenarios.) But the screen does, in fact, slowly pan to the right between bouts of shooting. Rudimentary as it may be, you're still very much traveling on rail.

Others are free to disagree with me, but I feel the point of our new TR format is to have fun and maybe even learn a little. So I'm going to try not to be too stringent with people's selections.