Together Retro 2019 planning - calendar decided?

Join in on our classic gaming club!

Would you like to see previous options get a run-off vote in 2019's Together Retro schedule?

No, I'd rather more people got a chance to submit new ideas
22%
Yes, in June & December - runners up in the previous votes
22%
Yes, in June & December - monthly nominators choose which option returns
6%
Yes, in December only - runners up from the whole year!
39%
Yes, in December only - nominators nominate a second from the whole year
11%

Total votes: 18

MrPopo

Re: Together Retro 2019 planning thread

Post by MrPopo »

And then Edutainment wins so we can all play Number Muncher for the month.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

pierrot wrote:"Games that start with, 'Shenmue-.'")

I've had an Xbox copy of Shenmue II for eons. Having an excuse to actually play it would be A-OK.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I like the cohost idea, that sounds fun. I'd also be willing to be a back up returning host if needed.

I'm all about doing Shenmue, but if you're concerned about it passing, maybe call it Yu Suzuki month. That would open it up a bit.

Heck, designer focused months in general would be great, if I do say so myself. :lol:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I've had two (I think) good ideas that I've come up with throughout this year. Don't know if I can come up with two more, but I'd be happy to team up with someone for a month :)
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I have to admit, new blood would be great. I also like the revisit idea for the second-place finishers each month. Some of these votes have been tight.

Ex, I was gearing up for the mech stuff, too. What won wasn't what I expected, but I still got to play a few cool games, including my first MSX2 game beaten.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

As a note for anyone planning their categories for next year, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts turned 10 years old this week :wink: :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

CFFJR wrote:I'm all about doing Shenmue, but if you're concerned about it passing, maybe call it Yu Suzuki month. That would open it up a bit.

That's certainly not a bad idea, but I'd personally like to see a little more overlap in what people are playing, so I was intending to go with fairly narrow categories. Not that opening it up to Yu Suzuki's entire catalog would bring in all that many more options, but--. I was mostly kidding about trying to funnel all the votes into Shenmue.

I think I've settled on five categories I don't know if there's anyone who would be opposed to me taking the first month. If it's all right, I'll plan to have a voting thread up in about a month. I don't think Shenmue is likely to win, unless Bogus, and I (and maybe a few others) are able to be persuasive enough, but all five will suit my agenda fairly well, anyway.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I've thought up 4 options! Since no one seemed keen on a co-op.

So you can bump me up to a solo month if you like :lol:
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

pierrot wrote:
CFFJR wrote:I'm all about doing Shenmue, but if you're concerned about it passing, maybe call it Yu Suzuki month. That would open it up a bit.

That's certainly not a bad idea, but I'd personally like to see a little more overlap in what people are playing, so I was intending to go with fairly narrow categories. Not that opening it up to Yu Suzuki's entire catalog would bring in all that many more options, but--. I was mostly kidding about trying to funnel all the votes into Shenmue.

I think I've settled on five categories I don't know if there's anyone who would be opposed to me taking the first month. If it's all right, I'll plan to have a voting thread up in about a month. I don't think Shenmue is likely to win, unless Bogus, and I (and maybe a few others) are able to be persuasive enough, but all five will suit my agenda fairly well, anyway.

Fair enough! Well I'm looking forward to seeing your choices, and I'm certainly supporting Shenmue.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Heyyy, put me on the greedy ass hole list
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.