Join in on our classic gaming club!

What do you want for August Together Retro?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Board & Card Games
10%
Wacky/Weird PS1 & PS2 Games
25%
Non-Violent Games
27%
Animal Main Characters
29%
Unrealistic Sports Games
8%

Total votes : 59
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Time to vote for August Together Retro!

by noiseredux Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 pm

I thought they were Prinneys too but yeah those games are super violent.

Also Markies either way 8bit sports games is a good category. I've tried to push sports titles in TR in the past and they get unfairly shunned. So much good stuff that needs proper love.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:23 am

pierrot wrote:
Markies wrote:Lauren! You took one of my categories! :evil:

I have next month and I was going to suggest 8-Bit Sports Games as a category, but then you went and put in a Sports Games category. I'd feel weird about suggesting something similar two months in a row. Thankfully, I have several categories in mind and I can easily choose something else.

That seems like a pretty fine category regardless of whether or not August is unrealistic sports game month, but especially if it didn't win this time, I think 8-bit sports games would be a good one for you to have in your options for September, Markies.

I agree, I think it would be fine regardless. In any case it seems unlikely that it will win, judging from the votes so far. It's still early though, so it's hard to say for sure.

-----

Also, in regards to the Non-Violent Games category, those are prinnies but the game is not a Disgaea game! It's a bit of an obscure title and I'd say it's the most difficult one to guess (but it's probably my first or second favourite banner ha).

As a hint, it's an import title for the PS2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:19 am

The non-violent game banner is of Torii No Hoshi from what I can figure. Seems to be a pilotwings kinda thing, but Prinnies are in it?

Edit:

Some ideas I have for each category using what I already own:

Board & card games: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash

Wacky/Weird PS1 & PS2 games: Hogs of War, Vib Ribbon, Bombastic, Freak Out

Non-violent games: I have tons for this - Virtua Racing, Mr. Driller, Game & Watch Gallery, Wave Race (GB), Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire, The Fish Files, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Harvest Moon, Puyo Pop, Wave Race Blue Storm, Tetrisphere, Chibi-Robo Park Patrol, Cool Cool Jam, Ganbare Neo Poke Kun, Cardfighters Clash, Discworld Noir, Escape from Monkey Island, Pokemon Tetris, Vib Ribbon, Manx TT Superbike, Penguin Land, Wonder Project J, Super Tennis, Golf (VB), Endless Ocean, Samba De Amigo, Wii Sports Resort, Guitar Hero Live, Sennou Millennium, Art Style Orbient, Art Style Light Trax, Hydroventure,

Animal main characters: Go Go Kokopolo, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Solatorobo, Hogs of War, Vib Ribbon, The New Zealand Story, Penguin Land, Alien Soldier, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Ivy the Kiwi, Rabbids Go Home, Samba De Amigo, Sonic Colours, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic & The Secret Rings,

Unrealistic sports games: Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Strikers Charged, Teleroboxer, Wii Sports Resort,
Last edited by alienjesus on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 am

casterofdreams wrote:I stopped reading after the first entry. I cast my vote for Board and Card games.

It took me a bit of hunting but I have every Yugioh World Championship game from 2004 to 2011.

Also I didn’t literally stop reading after the first entry. Thats rude :lol:
I wanted to be dramatic.

Also also, nice art!

The art is SO freaking good! I love the doggo one especially <3

I'm hoping board games wins, personally. It's a great excuse for me to finally try and learn the Yu-Gi-Oh adjacent Goemon board/card game on N64 I've had for ages :P
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 am

Its already been said, but super high quality OP, and fantastic art.

Also, really great picks, I think this is the first time I've been so torn between the options. There are games I'd really love to play in almost every category! I'll vote as soon as I can make up my mind :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 am

I'm not casting my vote until I've decided what I'd play for each category. And I'm open to suggestions keeping in mind that I'll be gaming on Xbox One and Switch. Okami will definitely be my pick if animals wins, but I'll have to figure out what I want to play in the others before really knowing which categories I wanna get behind. Again, these are all great options.
Nert
8-bit

by Nert Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 am

Wow, all of the categories interest me this time around. This might have to be the first TR I participate in :D

Question though, what is PS1 emulation like? I'd like to vote for that category but I do not own the two games I have in mind for it (Vib Ribbon and Harmful Park)

Other than that I really don't know which way I'd go. I can think of a game or two I'd like to try for each.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:30 am

ps1 emulation is something I've been messing with recently, and its quite solid. You can get a pretty accurate experience (including low fps and scanlines and all that), and you can also makes things look and run much nicer than they did. It should work with a pretty standard/weak pc too. Harmful Park works for sure, haven't tried the other game before.

Heck, even ps2 emulation is pretty solid, from what I've seen so far, in case that influences anyone's choices.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 am

Yeah, PS1 and PS2 emulation are both solid these days.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

by marurun Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:01 am

pierrot wrote:
marurun wrote:All the little birds have pouches! They have pouches! :D

Prinnies, doooooooood!

I don't know what those are!
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Together Retro