32%
3D Zelda Clones
24%
Mizuguchi's Puzzles & Music
15%

Total votes : 68
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Vote Now!

by Exhuminator Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am

Dsh I'm going to take my responses to your response to the official 2018 TR thread.

I don't want to take this thread off its intended course.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:30 am

alienjesus wrote:I cut out Sega arcade game console ports and Natsume titles, just off the top of my head.

WHY--!!! Why have you forsaken me, alienjesus!

Exhuminator wrote:
alienjesus wrote:If you have 10 options, 6 people could vote for something no-one else wants to play and make that win, whereas another option lots of people would have liked might not get through because it'd be the majority of people's third pick or something.

That sounds like democratic voting to me. I don't see the problem there.

I share aj's concern, if people are still only given two "votes." However, It's functionally the same as the two polls so far, if everyone can choose four to five of the ten options.

I also enjoy choice, but consensus is difficult to achieve if the voting is spread too thin.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

pierrot wrote:[I also enjoy choice, but consensus is difficult to achieve if the voting is spread too thin.

I replied to you in the official 2018 TR thread.

Noise I apologize that your voting thread has been digressed on this topic. Let's all take this thread back to its intended purpose, thank you.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:47 pm

This will probably start another tangent but, is the Seiken Densetsu and Saga series going to be okay to play, giving that FF spin offs wins?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 pm

Melek-Ric wrote:I'd like to play FF spinoffs, namely FFT, but my fat PS2 won't read PS1 games. Reads PS2 and audio CD's fine.

I had that problem when my brother bought a fat PS2 off a friend. I read a guide about adjusting the laser potentiometer and that corrected the problem. It's a well known problem that's a relatively easy fix.

This will probably start another tangent but, is the Seiken Densetsu and Saga series going to be okay to play, giving that FF spin offs wins?

Personally, I'd say SD1 (FFA) and SaGa 1-3 (FFL1-3) would be good. SD1 is specifically subtitled Final Fantasy Gaiden, while the SaGa games were rebranded in the West and are not that divorced from the base Final Fantasy format, character building aside (and that has precedent in Kawazu's FFII). Once you get into Romancing SaGa I think it gets distinct enough that I'd encourage you to explore another FF spinoff.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Really hoping for Wonder Boy to win so I have an excuse to buy it on Switch.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm

You would also have an excuse to buy a retro Wonder Boy game on the 83722875247 retro consoles the Wonder Boy games appear on.
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:37 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:You would also have an excuse to buy a retro Wonder Boy game on the 83722875247 retro consoles the Wonder Boy games appear on.

Yeah I would if I get my systems out of storage in time. Fingers crossed that I will. I’ve only got about 6 games for my Master System so I could do with expanding my collection there.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 am

wow, this might end up being a photo finish. FF Spinoffs had been in the lead for a while, but it looks like Wonderboy has just barely edged that out... for now.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 pm

noiseredux wrote:wow, this might end up being a photo finish. FF Spinoffs had been in the lead for a while, but it looks like Wonderboy has just barely edged that out... for now.

As of this writing, WB and FFS are tied 17 to 17. I really didn't expect WB to capture so many votes. But if it wins, that's cool too, as you included Adventure Island games in the listing. There are some metroidvania styled AI games I wouldn't mind an excuse playing.

BTW I thought Saiyuki World was a reskinned Wonder Boy in Monster Land, but Whomp 'Em was its own thing? Or is Whomp 'Em a reskin too?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to Together Retro