Together Retro 2018

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ack

Re: Together Retro 2018

Post by Ack »

So long as whoever curates October doesn't put up some Ghost 'n Goblins shit and claim it is good enough to serve for a horror month, fine with me.
marurun

Post by marurun »

It has ghosts in it and also Satan. How is that not appropriate for October? :twisted:
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

marurun wrote:It has ghosts in it and also Satan. How is that not appropriate for October? :twisted:

The issues are GnG actually has competent controls and a working camera, by those reasons it's not proper horror gaming in Ack's view.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Ah, I see. The very control mechanics themselves are too accessible and don't inspire adequate horror in the player.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Exhuminator wrote:
marurun wrote:It has ghosts in it and also Satan. How is that not appropriate for October? :twisted:

The issues are GnG actually has competent controls and a working camera, by those reasons it's not proper horror gaming in Ack's view.

Dunno about that, those jumping physics take some getting used to.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I believe true horror games are those that cause you physical pain to play. So Bubsy 3D.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ack wrote:I believe true horror games are those that cause you physical pain to play.

By that measure, back in 2006 a company called AlphaGrip released the iGrip. A controller designed to turn any PC game into a horror game.
ImageImage
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

That is glorious, and I want it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If you tasked someone to create the worst controller imaginable they wouldn't be able to approach that.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

marurun wrote:I think we should also consider co-curatorships, where two individuals of like mind or inclination team up to present their plans for world domination.

I can't picture quite how this would work logistically. It would certainly be hard to get an entire year's worth of material with 2 curators per month - are there even 24 active members here?

Although it would give prfsnl_gmr and I an opportunity to troll the boards with categories like Sears Atari carts and golf games.

Whatever the case, I like the idea of putting new people first. I'd prefer to just be a participant going forward.