Together Retro: Gauntlet

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: Together Retro: Gauntlet

Post by Betagam7 »

alienjesus wrote:
Betagam7 wrote:
alienjesus wrote:I'm still playing this one!

Me and my girlfriend made it to the boss of the fire tower, but got our asses kicked. We decided to power up by playing through the earth tower in the mean time, but had a lot of trouble with the map layout - it's really hard to find all the switches to clear the floors in this place!

I beat him first time. He's not difficult if you stick to a pattern. Stay far at the back and strafe left and right to dodge his bullets , if you're the elf then you should be ideal for this. He takes a while. Don't try blasting away at him, just get a single shot in , dodge, shoot, dodge shoot and repeat. After about twenty shots he should die. You can only hit his head.

Make SURE you have the ring you found equipped though as the tiles in the boss chamber will drain your health otherwise.

I'd do the Water Temple next if I were you since I believe they go in order of difficulty based on the colour of the torches in front of the castle.

I'm doing that one right now, been having some issues with floor 6 where the teleporters have to be entered from a certain angle to escape the room you end up teleported into. I've had to Warp wing out of the dungeon a few times as I became trapped in one of the rooms, however I've now found all the tiles on that floor and also upgraded my shot power to the third upgrade. I have about 2500 health to start with now as I've been boosting stats with experience.

As for the rings, perhaps they are found in the other dungeons as the Heal Ring was in the fire temple.

Did you get two heal rings for playing in 2 player? If not, maybe that's why there is an option to buy more as you can have up to four players playing in Quest mode.

I suspect this may be harder in 2 player mode because his movements aren't as predictable as he fires at different people and there's less consistency in his pattern.

Any luck on the other temples? Does it get any easier to make money? Those 20000 gold rings seem completely impossible to get right now.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Betagam7 wrote:I'd do the Water Temple next if I were you since I believe they go in order of difficulty based on the colour of the torches in front of the castle.

I'm doing that one right now, been having some issues with floor 6 where the teleporters have to be entered from a certain angle to escape the room you end up teleported into. I've had to Warp wing out of the dungeon a few times as I became trapped in one of the rooms, however I've now found all the tiles on that floor and also upgraded my shot power to the third upgrade. I have about 2500 health to start with now as I've been boosting stats with experience.

As for the rings, perhaps they are found in the other dungeons as the Heal Ring was in the fire temple.

Did you get two heal rings for playing in 2 player? If not, maybe that's why there is an option to buy more as you can have up to four players playing in Quest mode.

We only got one heal ring, but we can both equip it :lol:

Looks like the rings aren't a 1 per person deal, they're a permanent power up your whole team can use.

Haven't played this recently, not always easy to convince my girlfriend to play a game, but we'll get through in the end :D
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Double post & bump

Would you believe I'm still working through this?

I cleared up the Fire Dragon, and then cleared the Water Tower (finding a Fight ring along the way!) and the Wind Tower (including finding a Mirror Ring). Just the Earth Tower to go before we go for the Castle.

We're doing pretty good statwise now too, thanks to extra exp and gold after each tower, not to mention the free stat points after killing each dragon. My Valkyrie is rocking 14 shot speed and 17 defence now!

Hoping to beat this before next month, but we'll see! I still have another Goemon game I want to play for this month's Together Retro too!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

alienjesus wrote:Double post & bump

Would you believe I'm still working through this?

I cleared up the Fire Dragon, and then cleared the Water Tower (finding a Fight ring along the way!) and the Wind Tower (including finding a Mirror Ring). Just the Earth Tower to go before we go for the Castle.

We're doing pretty good statwise now too, thanks to extra exp and gold after each tower, not to mention the free stat points after killing each dragon. My Valkyrie is rocking 14 shot speed and 17 defence now!

Hoping to beat this before next month, but we'll see! I still have another Goemon game I want to play for this month's Together Retro too!

Don't stop! You got this! Wooooo!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.