Together Retro: Lemmings

Join in on our classic gaming club!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Lemmings

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Taxing level 5 - The Prison!

Those damn flames....

Here's a tip for some of the tougher levels you'll face later on - it feels glitchy, but you can turn a Lemmings around without a blocker. Dig a very shallow hole and then quickly switch the digger to a stair-builder. Your Lemming will reverse direction.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I remembered that I played a demo of Lemmings 3D a long time ago. That was one crazy game but it played surprisingly well.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I must have played Tricky in the past, because I remembered the MENACING!! level. Halfway through the stages there.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

man, once I found out how long this game was I kind of lost motivation. Is Christmas Lemmings much shorter? Maybe I'll try to play through that instead?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Well the game is broken into 4 chunks. Why not, say, try to play through all of Fun and Tricky?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I have played all the way through "fun". I'm going to try "tricky" next. I don't know if I'm going to play the other game modes. I guess that depends on how much fun I'm still having after I finish this one.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

samsonlonghair wrote:I have played all the way through "fun". I'm going to try "tricky" next. I don't know if I'm going to play the other game modes. I guess that depends on how much fun I'm still having after I finish this one.

You had your fun in Fun mode. Prepare to be tricked.

I'm at Taxing level 27. They aren't screwing around now. In the later levels the game loves to dump your Lemmings right near a hole, so you really need some quick reaction time.
Last edited by BoneSnapDeez on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Well said, Bone.

To be honest, fun mode was a little too easy. I look forward to the increase in difficulty.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I was waiting on something to finish on another computer I have, so I burned through the Tricky levels. Those last 5 are going to be a taste of the last 2 sets I'm sure.

I also learned that you can "de-activate" a blocker by bashing or mining underneath them. THAT comes in handy when the percentage clear rates are above 95% :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ExedExes wrote:I also learned that you can "de-activate" a blocker by bashing or mining underneath them. THAT comes in handy when the percentage clear rates are above 95% :lol:

Yes! I had forgotten about this trick until recently when I needed to use it. Good tip.

Oh and I have just started MAYHEM. The game starts trolling you at this point - the Lemmings drop to their deaths immediately. :lol: Get those umbrellas ready...