Join in on our classic gaming club!

Should we add Knights of the Round and King of Dragons to the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons Month?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:44 pm

YES! The games are all similar and rather short arcade style - there's plenty of time for all 4 of them!
56%
NO! These are great games on their own, let's not water down the discussion by adding too many options!
44%

Total votes : 18
mjmjr25

TR: Capcom Beat 'em up Month: Should we add KotR and KoD

by mjmjr25 Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 pm

We are playing the Dungeons and Dragons games; Tower of Doom and Shadow of Mystaria next year. Should we also include other similar games from capcom: Knights of the Round and King of Dragons.

Vote, be heard, convince your neighbor, disown your father.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: TR: Capcom Beat 'em up Month: Should we add KotR and K

by alienjesus Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 pm

This one is a bit tricky, but I kinda feel that both KotR and KoD can still be discussed either way - we often talk about similar games during the month anyhow.

Plus, it saves writing articles for 4 different games - and narrowing the 'main' games down to 2 for everyone to play seems like it'd keep conversation more on track.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:58 pm

A big thanks for this poll. I don't mind what wins, because I like either one of these 4; I just felt that it would be a good time to get them to group together. Either way it's going to be a great win for the community, I know any of these games will be popular.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm

no. Think of those of us who have to write the articles. The two games chosen have received ports bundled together, and are similar enough that it makes sense. Adding more games is nonsense.

It doesn't matter if a game is short - that doesn't dictate if we should do a second game. We haven't done that regularly at all. If people want to play other Capcom BUPs that's fine and encouraged. But let's not make them "official" choices.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:55 pm

No, for financial reasons.

If I'm really interested in a TR game I will buy it and play it for the month. I don't see myself buying four games.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:23 pm

I just voted yes because... why not?

But i do want to know where KotR and KoD had been ported besides the snes... and i think those versions a bit expensive.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 pm

super famicom versions are slightly cheaper, but that's it afaik.

I voted for just the DnD games, they are plenty in depth and can be played for a 1 credit clear, they can be played as a 2, 3, or 4person co-op, and they can be played for score. There is plenty going on in both games to take a month, imo.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:57 pm

I voted yes because I am a long-time fan of Konami Beat 'em ups, but I haven't properly dug into the Capcom Beat 'em ups.

dsheinem wrote:no. Think of those of us who have to write the articles. The two games chosen have received ports bundled together, and are similar enough that it makes sense. Adding more games is nonsense.

May I nominate Gamerforlife to write that article? He wrote Beat’em-Ups 101 and The Best Undiscovered Beat-Em-Ups for the main page. This man knows the Genre.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

by Violent By Design Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I like keeping it to one game officially. If people want to comment on the other games in the thread, no ones stopping them though.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I voted yes because I am a long-time fan of Konami Beat 'em ups, but I haven't properly dug into the Capcom Beat 'em ups.

dsheinem wrote:no. Think of those of us who have to write the articles. The two games chosen have received ports bundled together, and are similar enough that it makes sense. Adding more games is nonsense.

May I nominate Gamerforlife to write that article? He wrote Beat’em-Ups 101 and The Best Undiscovered Beat-Em-Ups for the main page. This man knows the Genre.

You can nominate him, but there are members who are already on the TR "staff" so to speak. TR articles are meant to provide an overview of a game, its legacy, ports, etc. For four games, that's a mess of stuff to write about that doesn't encourage people to jump in to the club.
Return to Together Retro