2014 Together Retro Calendar

Join in on our classic gaming club!
kikenovic
8-bit

Re: 2014 Together Retro Calendar

Post by kikenovic »

maybe for sh*t and giggles you should try playing a japanese visual novel and see who makes it farther or gets the funnier outcome. just a suggestion
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

kikenovic wrote:maybe for sh*t and giggles you should try playing a japanese visual novel and see who makes it farther or gets the funnier outcome. just a suggestion

I feel like me and fast and maybe others have suggested VN in the past, as it would probably be a lot of members' first exposure to the genre. Though we try to do something that's (A) retro and (B) kind of a classic, or cult classic, or at least a game that's important to its genre, etc. I'm not very well versed in VN's to suggest one over another personally.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ever play one of those Japanese visual novels that's on a DVD? Kinda cool and accessible for everyone, but none are really classics. In fact I can't think of a single "classic" visual novel - unless we expand the list to "modern classics" or whatever.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Ever play one of those Japanese visual novels that's on a DVD? Kinda cool and accessible for everyone, but none are really classics. In fact I can't think of a single "classic" visual novel - unless we expand the list to "modern classics" or whatever.

I can't recall that I've ever played a legit VN. I've played games that have VN elements, but never a pure VN.