Join in on our classic gaming club!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Zork

by ExedExes Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Completed! The only real hangup I had was re-locating the platinum bar that was NOT in the case as it should have been. It gets really interesting near the end, and when you're done, it kicks you out of the game, how rude!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see the number of moves I had but I did have the perfect score.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Boaradoor
24-bit

by Boaradoor Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:14 pm

My sister and I pulled out my Atari 800 and played Zork, and some other murder detective one! Loads of fun :D My mom yelled at us though, cuz we kept screaming when the thing in attic came out.
Life is as good as your game!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 pm

ExedExes wrote:Completed! The only real hangup I had was re-locating the platinum bar that was NOT in the case as it should have been. It gets really interesting near the end, and when you're done, it kicks you out of the game, how rude!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see the number of moves I had but I did have the perfect score.

It has been a while, but I think the thief can steal your stuff if you don't kill him so he may have confiscated it.

I remember hearing stories of Zork's predecessor, Colossal Cave (later called Adventure) being played on college campuses. People would rush to the library, watch someone play as they printed out pages and pages of their input and study what they did right and what they did wrong, every day a new person taking a crack at getting the best score for the day. It was a real problem.

This game was also found on ARPAnet as one of the people who worked on it, William Crowther also created Colossal cave. When college campuses found it... man it exploded.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Together Retro