Together Retro: Out Run

Join in on our classic gaming club!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Out Run

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:Is score strictly based on time? What was your time? Are scores computed the same from version to version? Are course times comparable? It took a lot more work to get that lower score on the SMS version than the higher one on the AGES remake.

I have... NO IDEA. I don't know what my time was either... I just snapped the pic of the score. The GBA version doesn't save.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Is score strictly based on time? What was your time? Are scores computed the same from version to version? Are course times comparable? It took a lot more work to get that lower score on the SMS version than the higher one on the AGES remake.

I have... NO IDEA. I don't know what my time was either... I just snapped the pic of the score. The GBA version doesn't save.

For what it's worth, I had a lower score and lower total time on the SMS. I'm not sure we can compare across platforms...

(in other words, you didn't beat me in an even battle :twisted: )
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

awe too bad. I didn't really care about beating you, but I did think it would be cool if it was even cross-platform so we could all kind of compete. Should I just scrap the idea of a score-board?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

also, I wanna take a sec to talk about my own personal strategy. The only strategy I have actually... I generally try to keep in High Gear as much as possible. I only down-shift if I feel really stuck with a lot of twists n turns or over-crowded by other cars... but here's the thing: I never use the break. Ever. I don't touch it. I'm either accelerating, or I'm taking my foot off the gas. But that's it. I never break. I feel like breaking fucks me up. Anyone else?
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

I've only played Outrun a few times before. What version is the best?
skorpio

Post by skorpio »

I'm playing the MAME rom. The PS2 version sucks.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I'm back playing 2006. Such a great game. Took a time off playing Portal for a few days, but I was frustrated with some challenge maps and decided to relax a little with OutRun. Really, no better game to do that.

I've completed some Heart Attack challenges. Actually, I'm surprised with how many miles they afford.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I always crack up with the the Heart challenge "Avoid abduction", it's really ruining my performance. I hate having to hit the ghosts; their collision detection seems a bit off.
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

Outrun 2006 on Xbox still looks damn great today.

Probably has the best soundtrack in any game ever. I love Spash Wave and Magical Sound Shower so so much.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:
Probably has the best soundtrack in any game ever. I love Spash Wave and Magical Sound Shower so so much.

hells yeah. Sound Shower is my jam.