Together Retro: Snatcher

Join in on our classic gaming club!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Together Retro: Snatcher

Post by fastbilly1 »

So I have been playing with vectoring programs for a sidejob - hey if paying me to play with programs I cant afford, I am going to use them for whatever I can. So I gave the iconic shot of Gillian a quick run through it (as seen below). I thought it was cool enough to share. If I can find a better way to do it, I will be vectoring parts of 16bit rpgs but that is a story for a whole other topic.

Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Honestly prefer the top one.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

The bottom vector one looks like a very well done watercolor, but like moz I prefer the top one. I think the lost detail is what keeps me from truly wowing at it.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I figured as much, to each their own, personally I am a big fan of vector art and watercolors. Like I said, I thought it was cool enough to post.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

fastbilly1 wrote:Like I said, I thought it was cool enough to post.

It was, I love it!
Zeonik Freak
64-bit

Post by Zeonik Freak »

I bought this game complete at one of the Play n Trades last year in Raleigh for a mere 5.99, and you cannot beat a deal like that. The luck of that was i got a Sega Cd the weekend prior to getting that game.

I started playing the Rom version a year before i found my copy, and i got as far as the end because for some reason, i could not shoot the top left hand corner of the screen, which is why i kept dying. Now that i have a physical copy, i have no excuse not to play it.

Im just pure lazy, but the game is rather short (you can beat it within a few hours straight through) but its a fantastic experience to play. Kojima needs to do a remake or port a copy over on the new MGS game (If you can add MG1 and MG2 in Subsistence, theres no excuse here man).

Finding a copy on the other hand is... well you know. When it comes to finding rare stuff like this, i have pretty good luck (though i wish that was the case with my love life, ehem, thats another story).

But great game to list...
Zeonik Freak
64-bit

Post by Zeonik Freak »

I BEAT IT THIS PAST WEEKEND.

Pretty much, its an hour long "Kojima" ending. I still enjoyed playing the game and catching up to the last part of it.

Its something that shouldnt be overlooked, so if you happen to find a copy, get it!!...