Together Retro: Galaga

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Dude
24-bit

Re: Together Retro: Galaga

Post by Dude »

noiseredux wrote:my new high score is 99760... which is a big deal to me. Galaga is honestly in my Top 10 games of all time all becuz of TR.

I'd be interested in seeing that list.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Dude wrote:
noiseredux wrote:my new high score is 99760... which is a big deal to me. Galaga is honestly in my Top 10 games of all time all becuz of TR.

I'd be interested in seeing that list.

oh man, that's tough to actually narrow down.... Link To The Past, Galaga, Street Fighter II, Shadow Of The Colossus.... those are all up there. Narrowing it down to an actual ten would be really hard though.

Funny you bumped this. I was just playing Galaga last night to test out a PS1 game on my PS3.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Four years gone...

My first post was in this thread four years ago. Now this is my thousandth post.

A lot has changed for me in the last four years personally, professionally, artistically, educationally, and financially. I have had a lot of ups and downs, but one thing remains the same:

Galaga is still an excellent game! I still play Galaga all the time. Now I play it on Wii's virtual console, but I'll never give up my NES cartridge. The laundromat near my home has a Ms. Pac-Man / Galaga Class of 1981 Arcade Cabinet. I still stop by there occasionally to waste a few quarters on Galaga. I'm going to go home after work and play Galaga again tonight.

Thanks for one thousand great discussions racketboys and racketgirls.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

what an awesome post, samson! And what an awesome game!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

While this thread is still active, it was a shame that I was never able to make it here to play this game for a full month. This is one of those arcade games that you're most likely to run into thanks to that 20th anniversary cabinet making its presence known nearly everywhere. Even though this one saves high scores now and most of them are 900K and up, it's one game I will always return to, and I am glad now that I have Namco Museum 50 on the Gamecube to do the same. One of the first shmups I've played, and one I've played for what seems like forever.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I've just realized I might own Galaga something like a dozen times on nearly as many consoles.

I love Galaga and its often ignored cousins, Galpus and Bosconian.
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Galaga love makes me so happy.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

noiseredux wrote:Galaga love makes me so happy.

I remember the first time I came across it was at this ice cream place when I was a really little kid. They had sort of a mini-arcade going with other games like Ghosts 'N Goblins and Karate Champ. I was always drawn to Galaga though. I can remember the first time I rescued a captured ship and thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

I have a similar attachment to Spy Hunter which I used to always go with my dad to a burger joint specifically to play. I'd come prepared, stocked up on quarters. I had all the high scores on that machine. For all I know I was the only one playing it.