noiseredux installed (my new site/blog thing)

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: noiseredux installed (my new site/blog thing)

Post by noiseredux »

jeez, it's been a while! Added write-ups on Day Of The Tentacle, Gone Home and Spelunky.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I have similar feelings on Gone Home. Just felt like it could have been...more.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

added my thoughts on the original Bioshock.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

added my thoughts on Rise Of The Tomb Raider.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

tweaked the GTA 5 write-up to combine two separate ones I did. Also added my brief experience with trying Team Fortress 2.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

It is really a shame you gave up on Bioshock as the last portions of the game really cast a different light on everything else up to that point, and the game arguably gets better and better as it goes. I love Infinite, and there are ways in which it outshines the original, but I'd be hard pressed to say it is the better of the two games in the final balance.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:It is really a shame you gave up on Bioshock as the last portions of the game really cast a different light on everything else up to that point, and the game arguably gets better and better as it goes. I love Infinite, and there are ways in which it outshines the original, but I'd be hard pressed to say it is the better of the two games in the final balance.

Ack was playing it at the same time as me, and part of my giving up was that he kept pushing forward and seemed just as bored as I did. Ultimately, I told him I was quitting and he told me the spoilers that I missed out on. I feel alright with having not wrapped it up.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:It is really a shame you gave up on Bioshock as the last portions of the game really cast a different light on everything else up to that point, and the game arguably gets better and better as it goes. I love Infinite, and there are ways in which it outshines the original, but I'd be hard pressed to say it is the better of the two games in the final balance.

Ack was playing it at the same time as me, and part of my giving up was that he kept pushing forward and seemed just as bored as I did. Ultimately, I told him I was quitting and he told me the spoilers that I missed out on. I feel alright with having not wrapped it up.

Ah, oh well then. Are you planning to try Bioshock 2? While I didn't think it was as good as Bioshock or Infinite, I thought it was a decent game in its own right, and I wonder if you'd like it more than the original (since most people didn't).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm not against playing BS2, and I actually do own it already. As far as WHEN I'd get to it. Not so sure.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I was bored of Bioshock from the moment I started it until the moment I gave up with it. I don't even know why. It's been so long, I can't remember much of what I played.

I did try Infinite and the first hour left a far greater impression on me than anything I saw in the first bioshock. But then I got bored of it...
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328