Hardcore Report: KOF '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition(Steam)

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Hardcore Report: KOF '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition(St

Post by fastbilly1 »

You can get a cheaper stick, but as someone who has owned about 50 and made a dozen, I recommend waiting to get one with real parts. BUT I also highly recommend going to a convention, or looking up where fighting fans congregate in your area so you can try someones setup. You may find that you do not like using a stick, no shame in that. But better to find that out before you drop $100+ on a setup.

I have a good friend who use to dominate the Atlanta scene with a stock PS2 controller.
outlaw_moon
24-bit

Post by outlaw_moon »

Generally, I use the Neo Geo stick, DC Agetec and the awesome Saturn Sega Virtua stick HSS-0136 for my gaming. So I guess you can say I like the fight stick more, but the Saturn fight pad is also a great alternative. So, the SSIV pad that @noiseredux mentioned could be a cheaper route for the time being.

I am by no means an expert or competitive player, but I like to be comfortable and master the great fighters to a reasonable degree. Nowhere near your buddy down in ATL though.
It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If you like those sticks, the Qanba I posted will blow your mind. Going from the HSS-0136 to all Sanwa, is like going from a bicycle to a motorcycle. There will be a short learning curve, but youll be amazed at what you can do now.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

outlaw_moon wrote:Thanks for all the replies.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but any suggestions on a decent fight stick/controller for the PC? I like a dedicated controller rather than an adapter but there is always the cost to take into consideration.

I use a Qanba Q4 RAF - have been using it for at least 3 years now, great stick and works on PS3, 360 and PC. I personally use a Sanwa stick and Seimitsu buttons with it.
outlaw_moon
24-bit

Post by outlaw_moon »

the7k wrote:I use a Qanba Q4 RAF - have been using it for at least 3 years now, great stick and works on PS3, 360 and PC. I personally use a Sanwa stick and Seimitsu buttons with it.

I'm gonna start saving up, it looks like I will need at least $100 put aside while I start looking.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions :)
It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum.