Starting a YT channel/show. What do you want to see?

Post game-related video clips here
m0ondogy

Starting a YT channel/show. What do you want to see?

Post by m0ondogy »

Iv'e been playing with the idea of starting a semi-regular show on YouTube.

I can do the usual and plant my flag in the retro game scene by doing reviews, history, and general discussion, but I feel there is probably something else out there to cover.

So.

What would you like to see?

I figured the worst case scenario for this thread would be providing ideas for others.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Re: Starting a YT channel/show. What do you want to see?

Post by Metal Jesus »

This is a toughie because almost everything has already been done. Instead I think it's more important to create your own voice & style. That is what will ultimately make you stand out in a very crowded YT scene.

Also, make sure you read through the YT Creator Playbook. It is the Bible of how to be successful on YouTube. Hope that helps!

https://www.youtube.com/yt/playbook/
m0ondogy

Post by m0ondogy »

Thanks for that link. I remember you mentioned it in a video in the past. Good stuff by the way.

I was thinking of making a series where I basically play co-op or side seat drive for my fiance. She has never played games and has little interest in them.

when I do get her into a game for more than a few seconds, she usually rage quits. It's mostly due to her lack of familiarity with control and video game tropes that we have burned into our minds.

I'd like to have a YT series where we get to see games through her perspective in a way. So, I'm going to mix in the newest of the new while also walking her through the classics.

Pac Man to Mario to Sonic to Super Mario Kart to Super Metroid....to halo to shenmue.... last of us to sunset rider.

The whole time line.

New eyes, fresh perspective kind of thing with adorable rage quits (she doesn't know how to be angry) and me being a wise ass. Toss in my nephews for the modern gamers who have never played older than a ps360 for the reverse, and I think there is a show in there for gaming perspective.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

[quote="m0ondogy"
I was thinking of making a series where I basically play co-op or side seat drive for my fiance. She has never played games and has little interest in them.
[/quote]

This is basically what Conan O'Brien is doing on his show...and it has proven to be very popular. Have you seen those clips where he plays Call of Duty for the first time? Hilarious.

The key to these videos will be the personality that comes through and the commentary. Best of luck!