GameDudeMat's Video Thread

Post game-related video clips here
gamedudemat
16-bit

Re: Original XBOX Component cables.

Post by gamedudemat »

stickem wrote:that isn't a toshiba hdcrt is it? looks just like the model i have but the logo doesn't seem long enough, but it was kinda blurry in that vid. when i bought my xbox it came with monster cable componet cables. probably the heaviest cables i've ever had.

The TV is a JVC the logo was popped off. I inherited the tv from my uncle.
gamedudemat
16-bit

Post by gamedudemat »

gamedudemat wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
Ghudda wrote:Nice video.
I hope you are kidding.

@ gamedudemat - Why not include video of the the Xbox screenshots running the VGA and Component connections? Simply describing what they do while displaying an unrelated emulator from I'm guessing a PC screen is just silly. In answer to your query:

1. That VGA connection likely needs a VGA monitor that suports "sync on green", Google it usually a feature on older VGA CRTs.

2. Agree, I love the CRT TV better then LCDs. Please post a model number of that beautiful Tube TV. Some CRT TVs have Component input yet still only support 408i. You can pick up an EDCRT that supports 480p or even a HDCRT that goes all the way up to 1080i on the cheap at Thrift stores.

Okay, the TV is a JVC AV-36F703
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

gamedudemat wrote:I will get back to you on that tv, but be warned it is a HEAVY 36'' beast! Okay, the TV is a JVC AV-36F703

That is a monster, very nice TV! Not clear if a regular SD tube or ED. Since a flat screen tube technology possibly might support 480p. There are Component connections in the back, maybe try that and set your Xbox to 480p. If a 1.6 model Xbox just don't try Panzer Dragoon in 480p.

If your TV is an Enhanced Definition, the PS2 with the Guncon 2 supports the 480p mode. Certain Xbox lightguns also support 480p on an ED CRT. :idea:

Specifications from JVC: http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product ... chive=true

Manual from JVC site: http://books.jvc.com/Download/908407329/LCT1134-001B-A.pdf
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

Why would anyone want RGB SCART cables for an Xbox? That traps you forever with an interlaced signal since SCART cannot do 480p. Most Xbox games are 480p. I own a PVM but I'd waaaay rather play my Xbox with component cables in 480p on a different monitor.
gamedudemat
16-bit

Post by gamedudemat »

CRTGAMER wrote:
gamedudemat wrote:I will get back to you on that tv, but be warned it is a HEAVY 36'' beast! Okay, the TV is a JVC AV-36F703

That is a monster, very nice TV! Not clear if a regular SD tube or ED. Since a flat screen tube technology possibly might support 480p. There are Component connections in the back, maybe try that and set your Xbox to 480p. If a 1.6 model Xbox just don't try Panzer Dragoon in 480p.

If your TV is an Enhanced Definition, the PS2 with the Guncon 2 supports the 480p mode. Certain Xbox lightguns also support 480p on an ED CRT. :idea:

Specifications from JVC: http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product ... chive=true

Manual from JVC site: http://books.jvc.com/Download/908407329/LCT1134-001B-A.pdf

Thanks to these replies I have learned of a few standards of CRT TV's that I didn't know existed! I will have to look deeper into this.
gamedudemat
16-bit

Post by gamedudemat »

Redifer wrote:Why would anyone want RGB SCART cables for an Xbox? That traps you forever with an interlaced signal since SCART cannot do 480p. Most Xbox games are 480p. I own a PVM but I'd waaaay rather play my Xbox with component cables in 480p on a different monitor.

Definitely easier to use component for the XBOX, but I will soon get a scart to component set up for all my classics.
gamedudemat
16-bit

Gran Turismo 2 PSX vs DC

Post by gamedudemat »

Here is a quick review over a very well known racing classic Gran Turismo 2. Also we compare Gran Turismo being played on the PSX, PS2, and Dreamcast! Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5evyXdO-ws
Attachments
GT2 psx VS DC Racketboy Post.jpg
GT2 psx VS DC Racketboy Post.jpg (144.88 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

SCART cannot do 480p. You cannot convert SCART to component and expect 480p. That's like trying to convert composite into RGB and just expecting it to be as good as pure RGB.
NoFaceNico

Re: Gran Turismo 2 PSX vs DC

Post by NoFaceNico »

Pretty good review!

I'm a huge fan of the series. I feel GT2 is the best, just because it includes some cars I really like that didn't get into other installments. Plus a whole lot of nostalgia. I played through the game, winning all the races on the PS1, then did it all over again on the Dreamcast.

I think the hardcore fans also like GT2 since it has courses like Pikes Peak which didn't come back in later games because that course doesn't exist anymore. Yay ultra realism! If it doesn't exist anymore, it doesn't appear in later games!

Nice to see a racing game get covered. I've done a few and as you can tell, I really love the genera but from what I've seen it's very hard to pull in viewers with them. They get the lowest view counts of all my videos, which makes me very reluctant to do more of them.

Other thoughts:
-is this in standard definition? Sorry to be a snob but these days if a video isn't in HD it really stands out and is very distracting.
-Careful with the licensed music, you don't want the copyright bots to get you.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: Gran Turismo 2 PSX vs DC

Post by BRIK »

Don't make the same mistake I made and save hours and hours of racing on an aftermarket memory card. I wish I could still access my save file from years ago :(
Interesting review though. Bleem emulation is something that's always interested me. I'll have to check it out one day.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.