Post game-related video clips here
Redifer
128-bit

The Forgotten Mascots

by Redifer Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 am

New Game Sack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO8dbiUKZp8

What are some of your favorite mascots that didn't make it big?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: The Forgotten Mascots

by noiseredux Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Captain Commando certainly was a Capcom mascot of sorts. That's why his name is CAPtain COMmando. :wink:
Redifer
128-bit

by Redifer Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:34 pm

I always thought the drawing of him that was included with certain NES games was something that a child would do. Like an employee's kid drew him up or something.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:59 pm

There were three other Mascots that I thought fell to the wayside, one of which was Bug! as it was insanely advertised as, "The first true 3D platformer," and the other was Gex. It had some mild success with the 3 titles but never made it into the 128-bit generation.

Another was Blinx for the Xbox, as it was advertised as being the mascot for the system, much like Mario and Crash Bandicoot were for the Gamecube and Playstation respectively. The game was actually not that bad and I am surprised that it never had more entries into the series besides that one.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:04 pm

I thought of Bug! and Gex too.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:05 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Another was Blinx for the Xbox, as it was advertised as being the mascot for the system, much like Mario and Crash Bandicoot were for the Gamecube and Playstation respectively. The game was actually not that bad and I am surprised that it never had more entries into the series besides that one.

It got a sequel
84pontiacdream
8-bit

by 84pontiacdream Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 am

Great episode Joe, Game Sack is the best channel on Youtube. My favorite forgotten mascot is NiGHTS. I guess he isn't totally forgotten as the last game he appeared in came out in 2012, but it'd be nice to get a game similar to the Saturn one again.
Return to Videos