The Top 10 16-bit Games

Post game-related video clips here
Redifer
128-bit

The Top 10 16-bit Games

Post by Redifer »

For our 100th episode we decided to do our first Top 10 list because people seem to really like those. Check it out!

Game Sack's Top 10 16-bit Games
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: The Top 10 16-bit Games

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ok, I admittedly have never finished CV IV and that was the Japanese version, but um, the 'Welcoming to your doom' bit? Is that really in there or did you sneak him in? :shock:
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

just finished seeing it.

awesome job.

I hope we all reach the 200 episode mark.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Awesome landmark episode guys, and a great list too. I was very pleased to see Rondo of Blood on there.

Here's to another 100.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Hobie-wan wrote:Ok, I admittedly have never finished CV IV and that was the Japanese version, but um, the 'Welcoming to your doom' bit? Is that really in there or did you sneak him in? :shock:

LOL, nah, they snuck that in.

However, where the hell is this?

http://youtu.be/l2bPsntR2_k?t=28m6s

I recognize the look of the level, but I don't believe I've ever seen that part before. Especially that strange man carrying a lantern (or at least that's what he looks like). I've played the game a zillion times over the years, and I even have the SFC version too.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ziggy587 wrote:I recognize the look of the level, but I don't believe I've ever seen that part before. Especially that strange man carrying a lantern (or at least that's what he looks like). I've played the game a zillion times over the years, and I even have the SFC version too.

Secret area like the one in the caves?

*hits the google*

Yep.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Hobie-wan wrote:Secret area like the one in the caves?

*hits the google*

Yep.

Holy shit! I can't believe I never knew that. Well, in my defense, that one doesn't seem easy to find like the one in the caves is. But wow, I've never seen that before. And there's even an enemy (seems to be the dog's owner) that appears no where else in the game. Cool.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

That was a good watch, I liked the picks and the reasons given. The extended cut intro was fitting!

Glad you made 100, here's to more Game Sack!!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Remind me to always respect Super Metroid.

Good episode. I appreciate that you guys went with your personal favorites and offered up some real surprises.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

Watched it yesterday, and it was another great episode. Rondo of Blood instantly adds legitimacy to your list.

Speaking of lists, I wouldn't mind seeing some more top 10's as long as they were for the less popular consoles.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231