Forgotten FPS Games - Part 2

Post game-related video clips here
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Forgotten FPS Games - Part 2

Post by TEKTORO »

Good vid dude!

Timesplitters FP is one of my favs too!!
I think BLACK gotta unofficial sequel with BodyCount may want to check that out as well. :)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

wip3outguy7 wrote:We should try to put together some online matches for Shogo.

Oh man, I'd love to be a part of this...but my only Windows machine is a my single core XP computer that isn't connected to the internet. I only use it to play games and capture footage.

But that would be something to stream to twitch or something. I'd love to watch it.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Glad to see Shogo made it!

Since you asked for bizarre FPS with some unusual weapons, why not check out Chex Quest, a Doom-clone built to advertise cereal? Or Ken's Labyrinth, in which aliens have decided that your dog is the most intelligent life on Earth and are making you run a labyrinth to rescue him, or else the Earth will be used to fuel the furnaces of their infernal jelly-making machines? Weapons are things like blobs of jam. It's an old FPS, but I had a lot of fun playing it back in the day.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Metal Jesus wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:We should try to put together some online matches for Shogo.

Oh man, I'd love to be a part of this...but my only Windows machine is a my single core XP computer that isn't connected to the internet. I only use it to play games and capture footage.

But that would be something to stream to twitch or something. I'd love to watch it.

I'm in a similar situation. My only Windows system is an old Gateway notebook with no connectivity. It only likes to boot maybe one out of 10 attemps.

I would have to load XP onto this Macbook and find a copy of the game. But I would be totally down to do some serious matches in Shogo. As far as streaming is concerned, I bet I could get mugenmidget on board. He has a channel and the means to make it happen.

Add: I found some multiplayer footage of Shogo. YT Multiplayer Matches
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ok, got this installed.

Oh man, I forgot Shogo came out before WASD was standard and mice had scroll wheels and more than 2 buttons. Setting WASD is no problem, but can't set weapon switch to the scroll wheel and crouch to the mouse thumb button. Bleh.

Went looking for some sort of input improvement. Found this page with other mod stuff links.

http://blood-wiki.org/index.php/Shogo_Mods
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Oh, that co-op mod is a must. That wasn't around when I was still playing.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

It's alive!

I'm running Win7 now and I picked up Shogo during the GoG sale this weekend ($2.99).

It is unfortunately one of those games that runs horrible in Wine, so a Windows install is a must.

Anyone interested in trying out that co-op mod?