Magazine Scan Archive

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
racketboy
Site Admin

Magazine Scan Archive

Post by racketboy »

A while back I started an effort to scan complete issues of my old gaming magazines. I completed a couple issues, but my multiple moves and the effort behind this site has kept me busy.

See here for my previous effort:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2004/06/ ... ation.html

I'm planning on moving into my new house next month and once I get my office set back up, I may be able to get back to scanning.

Would anybody else be willing to scan their magazines?
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

I had a lot of old magazines but I seem to have lost them all. :cry: I really hope that the community can get together and make these accessible to everyone. I remember reading about Lunar and the Ultra 64 and the M2 and even reading nintendo power in 2nd grade to see those crazy maps of the levels in games...
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

i got a ton of old gaming mags from the 90's (though i tore out some ads to plaster on my wall) but i may be able to contribute a bit if i find the time during the summer :)
ducktapevoodoo
16-bit

Post by ducktapevoodoo »

a local game store near me sells old game pros end egm for 25 an issues they have stacks of em .....to bad my scanner is built into my fax machine
little witch boy
24-bit

Post by little witch boy »

I have a couple of Nintendo power mags as well as a crap load of EGM and Diehard Game fan. Id send them in if scanning was not a big pain in the ass. Do they need to be hi rez scans? Maybe ill just scan the interesting parts... like the ad for gremlins 2 for nintendo.
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Depends what your definition is for Hi-rez

I like to scan mine at 300 or 400 DPI.
That way if I want to print them, they will still look good.
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

I have a bunch of magazines -- ranging from GamePro, EGM, GameFan, Nintendo Power, NEXT Generation, Game Players ect. Most though 90's. Though, I do have some 80's Nintendo Power magazines around. I would scan some, but I'm in need of more USB slots.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

bawitback wrote:I have a bunch of magazines -- ranging from GamePro, EGM, GameFan, Nintendo Power, NEXT Generation, Game Players ect. Most though 90's. Though, I do have some 80's Nintendo Power magazines around. I would scan some, but I'm in need of more USB slots.

Hmm... I wonder if I still have that cheap USB hub of mine...
I might have given it to my brother.
tigaruk

Post by tigaruk »

Im abouyt 50% of the way through scanning ARCADE magazine, but a lack of time has meant its been stalled at that point for well over a year, maybe i'll do the rest soon.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »