Do You Care That Much About The Magazine Posts?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
racketboy
Site Admin

Do You Care That Much About The Magazine Posts?

Post by racketboy »

I'll cut to the point... should I keep doing single Magazine PDF posts?

I'm just noticing a lot less traffic and comments for them than just about any other kind of post.
I'm experimenting with OCR'ing the PDFs so they are searchable, but the results are a bit iffy.

What are your thoughts?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I'm not really into it. Well, not in reading digital backups anyway. It's only fun if you're holding the real thing. I may have even said I was interested in this project when it started. I dunno, I was crazy.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I think it's cool to have magazine scans for the big events like when the SNES and Dreamcast were in the works, but other than that, I don't really care.
durkada
64-bit

Re: Do You Care That Much About The Magazine Posts?

Post by durkada »

I think its worth linking to the magazine scan sites. But as far as advertising that another magazine has been scanned, I could care less. I actually downloaded the most recent one, and was so nonplussed by the writing and contents, that I didn't even make it to the Saturn Bomberman review. Of course, that was what made me download it in the first place.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

For what it's worth I like em , however the last mag was a bit crap.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
extrarice
64-bit

Post by extrarice »

Personally I would be a bit more interested in specific pages, rather than the entire magazine pdf'd. Kind of how http://www.vintagecomputing.com has it, with one funky ad every once in a while.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

extrarice wrote:Personally I would be a bit more interested in specific pages, rather than the entire magazine pdf'd. Kind of how http://www.vintagecomputing.com has it, with one funky ad every once in a while.

Yeah, they do a good job of that -- better than I could do unless I spent a lot more time digging up the good stuff. But maybe I'll be on the lookout for specific articles of interest.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

Personally I love this scans. I like gaming magazines in general and specially older magazines, since it's a great way to "feel" like you're living that time, now what I mean? All that excitement about (then) upcoming games, the detailed walkthoughs and tips for newly released AAA titles, that kind of stuff...

I specially enjoy mags about the Saturn, Dreamcast and PSX, since those are my favourite retro consoles. I didn't download the issue you last posted, since I already have that one, but I still look forward for other issues.
ohayes
8-bit

Post by ohayes »

I loved the recent magazine post, keep them coming if you like :) its a great idea
abeisgreat
128-bit

Post by abeisgreat »

Well id read the mag scans if i had an interest in saturn if you had DC mags scans id definatly read those
Beep beep Beep