Ghost in the Shell PS1 Covers

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Ghost in the Shell PS1 Covers

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie-wan wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Besides an Emulator, is there one that will go to the inner workings of the PSX disc? For example jump to the final "reward" picture screen without having to play the game. This is what I was alluding to with the Gamehunter Cart combined with a Capture Card.
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil.html

There are a couple of them there.
Thanks!! Wallpaper time! :mrgreen:

I got the STR movie player to work in the PC, its beautiful! Having trouble searching ahead and screenshotting individual pics of actual game play screens in the PS1 discs.

Turns out the PSX cheat cart only screenshots the image that is in the console's Video Ram, so no jumping ahead getting gameplay screens here either without playing the game.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I know it's been a while, but I thought I'd post the cleaned up version of Hobie-wan's generous scan in case anyone else would like to use it. It's as big as an attachment as the site will allow (for detail and clarity purposes) and I believe sized appropriately for immediate printing. Or at least it was when I printed it out. (It printed out beautifully too, in case you were wondering.) So thanks again Hobie-wan! I really do appreciate it. :D
Attachments
gitsback_2.jpg
gitsback_2.jpg (250.75 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

You're welcome.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'm late to the game, but I do have programs to extract PS1 game data, and here's the code to unlock all the movies:

Enable all missions/movies
At the Title Screen press:
R2, R1, Square, Square, Up, Down, Square, Square, R2, and R2.
You will hear a tone once the codes are punched in.

Here's all my ancient PS1 ripping programs:
ftp://psx:psx@atomu.ath.cx:6872/
grab psxrip.zip for the entire collection
I remember Todrip, Yu-ri, TimripHP, Susie, and VB2Rip were the most successful for PS1 games. I don't remember which worked best but I successfully extracted all the movies, sounds, and most of the graphics from this game many years ago. The old tower computer this FTP is running off of still has some GITS sounds in it's theme for startup and errors (tho it hasn't has speakers for the past 4 years).

Try Techsmith Camtasia/Camstudio to capture the STR video using it's window capture mode (also works for Bleem).
Can't comment on my newer methods because they're untested for this stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage