Nintendo Power Dragon Warrior Issue

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Nintendo Power Dragon Warrior Issue

Post by lisalover1 »

I've been looking for the Nintendo Power issue that contains the game walkthrough for Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 for the Game Boy Color [Not NES]. Does anybody know which issue this is?
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
attorneyriffic
8-bit

Re: Nintendo Power Dragon Warrior Issue

Post by attorneyriffic »

November/December 1989 according to Wikipedia
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

attorneyriffic wrote:November/December 1989 according to Wikipedia

Gameboy, Not NES
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

vlame wrote:

Gameboy, Not NES
Were there differences in the Gameboy and NES versions? Aside from crappier graphics of course.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

No real difference in the games; I just would like to see the Game Boy Color Version.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
triverse
16-bit

Post by triverse »

Dragon Warrior I is in Volume 136 (September 2000), and the walkthrough for Dragon Warrior II is in Volume 137 (October 2000). I was going to mention that you might be able to get them at Retromags (a site I used to be a member of) but they are too new for the current rules in place (nothing past December 1999).

September 2000 is here on ebay - http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

October 2000 is here on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-POWER-Maga ... 3c9fd8899c

Hope that helps.
Tomorrow's biggest stars are at Scenic 7 PR today. http://www.scenic7pr.com
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

corn619 wrote:
vlame wrote:

Gameboy, Not NES
Were there differences in the Gameboy and NES versions? Aside from crappier graphics of course.

Actually, the graphics are better on the GBC versions. There's a better use of color and outlining on the GBC screen compared to the NES. Other things that were changed in I&II was increased rewards for fights, so that you don't have to grind quite as much. There's also name changes which can make a text walkthrough a bit confusing.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
cyborc
32-bit

Post by cyborc »

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:Actually, the graphics are better on the GBC versions. There's a better use of color and outlining on the GBC screen compared to the NES. Other things that were changed in I&II was increased rewards for fights, so that you don't have to grind quite as much. There's also name changes which can make a text walkthrough a bit confusing.

I love the misconception that a game on a GB/GBC/GBA is going to look/sound/be worse than its console counterpart. When we people realize that there have been many, many instances of this not only being untrue, but in fact quite opposite?