dsheinem's game spaces

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
dsheinem
Next-Gen

dsheinem's game spaces

Post by dsheinem »

Previous Posts
I believe It has been at least 3-4 years since I have done any kind of collection post on here, but after a move last summer I am finally starting to get around to turning the basement of this place into a workable game room (with a focus on retro) and making sure the upstairs stays clean looking and suitable for modern gaming. I'll post pictures of my slimmed down collection soon enough, but for now here's pictures of the two main game spaces.

Upstairs Living Room

The focus here is on the 65" 4k HDR Sony Bravia, which has a high quality Sony soundbar hooked up to it as well as my PS4 Pro (with PSVR and 4TB external drive), a Xbox One S (also with a 4TB external drive), a Switch, a Steam link, and an SNES Classic. I keep games/movies I am currently playing/watching in the cabinet on the right, the PSVR headset and some accessories in the left cabinet.

Basement

The basement here is sort of pseudo-finished, and I'd like to get a better/bigger rug at some point to give it more of a "den" feeling. But in any case, it works to hold on to the pieces of my collection I've opted to retain for the time being. The focal point here is a 44" TCL HDTV. Hooked up to it are a Polk sound bar, a 80GB PS3 (with PS2 BC), a 250GB Xbox 360 Elite, a Wii U Pro, a Rasberry Pi, and usually my Retron 5 or some other retro system.

Finally, here's a teaser of some of the actual game collection...I am still arranging this area and unpacking a few more things to go on the shelves. Hope to have it done by early Spring.

Other stuff

Images from my office on campus:

Last edited by dsheinem on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: dsheinem's game spaces

Post by noiseredux »

That PJ poster is hot.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Great update Dave, I’m overdue to share one myself :?
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Agreed. Very cool update Dave!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I love that you have all those 1cc shirt images, super cool. Jealous of all that space in the living room, I'm hoping I can make enough space for VR soon myself.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Another basement-dweller. I approve! Good choice on the humidifier, and I dunno if I've ever seen posters on an oil tank. :lol: