Spoony's game room! U:10/17/16

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Re: SpoonyBard's submission to hoarders. - Updated 5/10

Post by SpoonyBard »

Thanks! It's taken me a couple years to put all of those together. Most of the Dreamcast stuff is actually from this forum.

Also! Bump for more pictures of NES stuff.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Re: Spoony's game room pictures! 9/6/13! (14.4KBPS users bew

Post by SpoonyBard »

Holy smokes an update!

-Setup pics
-Supergun
-Weird controllers

Added to the OP.

Updated collection pictures to come soon!
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Love the gun - are you gonna stain it? You can of course just get a JAMMA extender if the ST-V board doesn't fit.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Thanks man! I think i'm going to try and go with black on the top/front and red on the sides to try and match a big red color scheme. I also want to do t-molding to give it a little more "authentic" look. I might get decals made up for the sides, i'm not sure yet.

It would be fun to do another one of these except stain it to look like a Neo Geo gold cab.

Realistically, it's at the point where it functions and i'm probably going to leave it like this for awhile and play it, then when i'm ready to shelf it for awhile, i'll take it apart and paint it.

My King Of Fighters 2003 board doesn't fit in there, so I left the jamma harness at full length. If the ST-V doesn't fit, i'll still be able to use it outside of the cabinet, but it's going to drive me nuts every time I do.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

awesome collection dude, I love how the shelf holding the MVS carts looks like its going to snap under the weight of it :lol:
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Ha, yeah. The second shelf of Dreamcast games is doing the same thing, and if you look close the empty shelf underneath the 360 games is like that too (I swapped it in there when I noticed it was doing that). They're pretty cheap shelves that seem to do that for no reason. The totally loaded PS3/PS2 shelves are straight, but the half-full DC shelf is bending? Oh well, they seem to be holding fine despite all that.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I think the rule is 1' of free run for every 1/4" of board thickness - anything more than that should have some sort of reinforcement to avoid bowing.

You could fix easily (if desired) by putting a stringer board underneath and to the back. Be sure to pull everything off first, paint/stain the stringer if desired, clamp it together (shelf and stringer, push up from w/level - once level secure the stringer .
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

They definitely need some support in the middle. They weren't cut very well, and I think it's more because of that than the actual weight on them. To be centered, some are barely resting on the supports, where the straight ones usually reach all the way to the sides of the cabinet. Maybe i'll run a stringer in the back and put a shelving mount in the center of the ones that are giving me problems. They're dirt cheap, so if I end up messing up or just don't like the look it won't be the end of the world.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

That is a foine ass collection, sir. Crazy number of console dupes, too. :lol:

It's all I can do to keep from flying out there and de-stickering your stuff, though.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Great setup and collection man. Share more pics if you have them :mrgreen: