My...small...collection 10/14

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
CAv
24-bit

Re: My...small...collection

Post by CAv »

Sad! Every time a dreamcast dies, the world becomes a worse place. But those clear dreamcasts are sexy! I kinda want one too, but I have no excuse to get one.
Systems: Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Pocket (2), Game Boy Color, GBA SP (2), DS
visual_death
24-bit

Post by visual_death »

*lol* You must love your DCs! What color is your DC?
I don't own very many games for DC either.. got an suggestions?
It's not DC, but I want a clear red N64.... (*-*)

@Skyknight- well..the only problem is that most of my collection is in boxes right now cuz I moved recently. Then I moved again. So I've just been discouraged about setting up again *lol* Plus I want to get a better area to organize it all...
Mendoza
128-bit

Post by Mendoza »

skyknight wrote:Always make sure the games that you have are the ones that you want and love to play, try to resist "oh my, that game is just 5 bucks or in the bargain bin" urge. Believe my bros and I went through that path, and we got some games that we really want to get rid of...

Be sure to do an update with better organization and better photos.

Oh that is a hard thing to resist. I think we all work on that, it never goes away.
Ack

Post by Ack »

So if you don't mind my asking, what's up with the Dreamcast? Will it not turn on, or does it just have difficult reading discs, or something else?
CAv
24-bit

Post by CAv »

Mine is plain old gray, but in good shape. If you like fighters, you can't go wrong with Marvel vs. Capcom 2. For some fun sega quirk, Jet Grind Radio is great, and if you like RPGs, Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 are great fun, less brooding and serious than most JRPGs.
Systems: Atari 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Pocket (2), Game Boy Color, GBA SP (2), DS
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Nice collection!! :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

swiftzx wrote:Quality>quantity; that's how my collection is like so you're not the only one with a small collection.

That's also how I feel. I'd rather have a few good games rather than 1,000 bad ones. But seeing people's large collections is kinda cool.

@visual_death:
I like that blue Game Boy. That's a pretty cool color.
visual_death
24-bit

Post by visual_death »

@Ack- Umm...I'm not really sure. It stopped working maybe a year ago. And if I remember correctly... I would press the power button and the light come on (but a different color? Is that possible....). I can't remember if I would hear the disc running but just nothing shows up or not. But I remember trying to put in different games and none of them were showing up..

@Cav- I do like Marvel vs capcom! I just don't own it. I'll have to try the other titles that you mentioned when I get another DC~~ I'd also want just a solid black one. fave color is black so I like to get black versions of things.
Ack

Post by Ack »

visual_death wrote:@Ack- Umm...I'm not really sure. It stopped working maybe a year ago. And if I remember correctly... I would press the power button and the light come on (but a different color? Is that possible....). I can't remember if I would hear the disc running but just nothing shows up or not. But I remember trying to put in different games and none of them were showing up..

It's ok, I was just trying to figure out if cleaning the lens or tweaking the laser might help, but if it's not even popping up its menu, then you've got something else.
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

Post by I Feel Asleep!! »

visual_death wrote:An old picture I took with my phone. (2 yrs ago? I don't even have it set up like this anymore *lol*) A girl's world.

I have a bunch more games that I don't have in the picture cuz they're on another shelf in my room. The shoebox has my handhelds (2 gamegears, original gb, gb color-in pic, gba). I have a beatmania turntable control as well that I didn't picture.
N64 and gamecube are set up in a different room.
I mostly only collect nintendo, sega, and sony stuff. (but maybe one day I might branch out.) My onyx ds has since broke and I have a polar white one now (fucking sucks... but I got a good deal on a brand new unopened one so I took that).

I wish my collection was bigger like everyone's! But I gotta buy makeup and clothes too. :roll: *lol*
What can I say? I'm a girly girl but a tomboy at the same time.

Nice collection. 8)
Another girl? Woohoo, representin female retro gamers! *e-high fives* 8)