whats the best crt for lightgun games?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit

Re: whats the best crt for lightgun games?

Post by ATARI800XLfan »

Would a light gun work on my Sony Trinitron KV-32FS100.
Dr_Subtitles
24-bit

Post by Dr_Subtitles »

ATARI800XLfan wrote:Would a light gun work on my Sony Trinitron KV-32FS100.

if its not lcd or led or flatscreen or whatever then yes.
USER BANNED AFTER SEVERAL WARNINGS FOR INAPPROPRIATE POSTING BEHAVIOR
ATARI800XLfan
128-bit

Post by ATARI800XLfan »

It is a flatscreen tube tv.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

ATARI800XLfan wrote:Would a light gun work on my Sony Trinitron KV-32FS100.

Nice TV! Yes a lightgun will work.
Its a non HD. Even though you have component input it is 480i only.

Right click and save your manual: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KV32FS100.PDF
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ATARI800XLfan
128-bit

Post by ATARI800XLfan »

Thanks, would having the edge enhancement on screw up the light-gun at all? Also how would I hook up a Xbox 360's component if I have to set the switch on the connector to HD when the tv does not support HD? Plus to think I got the TV for free because the person had bought a LCD and thought this TV was old and worthless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atari 7800, Atari 600XL expanded, NES, SNES, Genesis Nomad, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Neo Geo Pocket Color, gameboy Color, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, VHS, Pioneer LaserDisk CLD-1070, DVD, Sony Trinitron KV-32FS100.
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

Like I said before edge enhancement, velocity scan modulation, all of this will not help the accuracy of a light gun. Additionally this specially processing is of suspect value for most material. Maybe analog cable signals, but thats about it.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

ATARI800XLfan wrote:Thanks, would having the edge enhancement on screw up the light-gun at all? Also how would I hook up a Xbox 360's component if I have to set the switch on the connector to HD when the tv does not support HD? Plus to think I got the TV for free because the person had bought a LCD and thought this TV was old and worthless.

You killed us on the pages of audio questions at your Laser Disc Thread. Why not simply try it before posting another round of questions?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Dr_Subtitles
24-bit

Post by Dr_Subtitles »

CRTGAMER wrote:You killed us on the pages of audio questions at your Laser Disc Thread. Why not simply try it before posting another round of questions?

heh
USER BANNED AFTER SEVERAL WARNINGS FOR INAPPROPRIATE POSTING BEHAVIOR
tigyi

Post by tigyi »

Funny, found this post when I was searching for a model of CRT that is compatible with Lightgun Games... found I forgot to answer someone's question. :lol:

model that doesn't work is the Panasonic CT-32HX42 32" Television - it is a totally flat tube. There are no comb filtering options to turn off, so it will forever not work with Lightgun games. BEAUTIFUL picture though for a standard definition television.
Casey120
24-bit

Post by Casey120 »

Some older Light guns like the Nes one wont work on 100Hz CRT tv's .