Sega model 2 emulator

Emu Talk Goes Here
arion
Next-Gen

Sega model 2 emulator

Post by arion »

I just noticed that one and the list of games is pretty impressive

http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?section=roms&dat=407

including Dynamite cop,Virtual on, Dead or alive and Last Bronx.

I havent tried the emulator yet but i definetly will since Model 2 has some impressive games
vbt
16-bit

Post by vbt »

There is a multi core release now if you got a recent PC :)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

vbt wrote:There is a multi core release now if you got a recent PC :)

That's cool that they are actually optimizing it...
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

I just tried the emulator and I'm pretty impressed! Too bad racing games still have many issues (I want to play Daytona so bad...) but others like Zero Gunner run pretty good.

Now I just hope they continue to work on it and maybe start making a Model 3 emulator (just imagine, Daytona 2 and Scud Race...).
roushimsx
16-bit

Post by roushimsx »

NebachadnezzaR wrote:I just tried the emulator and I'm pretty impressed! Too bad racing games still have many issues (I want to play Daytona so bad...) but others like Zero Gunner run pretty good.

Now I just hope they continue to work on it and maybe start making a Model 3 emulator (just imagine, Daytona 2 and Scud Race...).

Daytona USA works (I can't get the linked page to load; do they offer the latest version for download?).

IIRC, SuperModel hasn't been updated in a long ass time and the current MAME performance is superior to how SuperModel ever ran, anyway. Scud Race works in MAME, but last I checked it still had some wonky geometry errors. That and it ran fairly poorly on a C2D E6600, but hey, it's better than nothing. It'd be rad if someone built a standalone 3d accelerated emu off of the information from MAME akin to what Aaron Giles did with Radikal Bikers, but I'm fairly sure that anyone that's capable of doing so isn't interested.

If you're really jonesing for some Scud Race and Daytona 2 love, pick up Outrun 2 for Xbox and play the Scud Race and Daytona 2 bonus courses :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

I still don't understand why Daytona 2 and Scud Race were never released in full glory on a home system.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
roushimsx
16-bit

Post by roushimsx »

marurun wrote:I still don't understand why Daytona 2 and Scud Race were never released in full glory on a home system.

I keep hoping that eventually they'll wind up as part of the Sega Ages 2500 line. Hell, if they had a couple of arcade perfect ports of Sega racers on a single disc, I wouldn't bat an eye at paying full retail instead of just 2500yen for it.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

roushimsx wrote:Daytona USA works (I can't get the linked page to load; do they offer the latest version for download?).

Yup, I know. In fact I've already played a little, but as I said most racing games have graphical issues and since they're made to play with a racing wheel, I can't control the car well with the keyboard.

roushimsx wrote:If you're really jonesing for some Scud Race and Daytona 2 love, pick up Outrun 2 for Xbox and play the Scud Race and Daytona 2 bonus courses :)

I already have OutRun 2, but it's not the same thing. :wink: