Emu Talk Goes Here
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

WonderSwan Emulation in 2017

by Jagosaurus Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:23 pm

I have very little exposure to this handheld or its library. I don't really collect handhelds, but I would like to experience some of the games.

What's the best (only?) WS emu out there? I'm on a Windows PC but have access to Android emu as well. Is emu 100% compatible?

How about the library? What are the best games for an English only speaker? Any that weren't in color that are worth a look (or am I thinking NGP only)?

Again, I'm starting at ground zero before reading articles, watching youtube vids, etc. Appreciate the help!
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: WonderSwan Emulation in 2017

by racketboy Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm totally up for hearing updates on the subject as well, but I will leave this link here as I kinda helps
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/bandai-w ... ners-guide
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Thanks Nick. I'll start reading there tonight for general info. Might be the only guide I haven't read here or maybe it was so long ago I forgot about it. I was lurking here long before I joined... & I'm getting old :lol:.
My Mod Threads
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:46 pm

OSwan is the one I used when I beat most of the library, but that was many years ago. There should be a Retroarch core for Wonderswan now.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:02 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:OSwan is the one I used when I beat most of the library, but that was many years ago. There should be a Retroarch core for Wonderswan now.

I have RA on Android. I'll see what cores they have available. Likely it is based on OSwan if that is the primary emu.

I wasn't a fan of what I saw of RA on PC initially so I'll dig into OSwan independently. I should probably hit up the emulation section of a few ROM sites & just see what's out there.

Save states versus just SRAM saves & controller mapping (vs KBM) would be a big plus.
My Mod Threads
Return to Emulation