DS Flash Cart

Emu Talk Goes Here
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

executioner wrote:Well DSTT is an excellent cheap solution, got mine for about $25.

Pros: price, excellent game and homebrew compatibility, cheat codes, hot key for in game reset to go back to the menu, moonshell runs fine, comes with rumble pak, EZ flash 3-in-1 works using GBA loader.

Cons: Menu not that pretty, file listing is not sorted by name but by date (there are some workarounds for this), crappy microsd reader included

I ordered an R4 pack with an sd and everything way back in december but after no stock for months decided to use that and get a Supercard DS One which just arrived three days ago and could be the best one.

Pros: everything the DSTT does, plus a better package, a better microsd reader, a great menu, which has moonshell built in so mp3 and txt can be run right there, the files are sorted (tip: hide folders and files you don't want to see), an in game menu to use a game guide (from a converted txt file like a faq you can open it, read it, make bookmark and everything) and the greatest thing ever ............ REAL TIME SAVING!!!!!!!!

Cons: none so far

Maybe R4 or M3 will get RTS setup by next update but so far I've read everywhere Supercard is the first.

http://eng.supercard.cn/manual/dsone/
what website did you order from?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Unknown
8-bit

Post by Unknown »

fuctfuct wrote:Keep in mind that DX's free shipping is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Like a month slow. Waiting for my ELink was painful.

:P

I'll order it early then. I'm getting it for mah birthday. :P

EDIT: Just wondering...do you guys even buy NDS games since you guys have flash carts? Seems kind of pointless to buy one in store when you could just download it. I wish I would have found these earlier...
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

I don't really like the idea of just downloading the game without owning it, especially new ones that are still in stores. I mostly bought mine for homebrew games, music, emulators, and DS games that I already own (so I don't have to carry around a lot of cards).
Unknown
8-bit

Post by Unknown »

nick944 wrote:I don't really like the idea of just downloading the game without owning it, especially new ones that are still in stores. I mostly bought mine for homebrew games, music, emulators, and DS games that I already own (so I don't have to carry around a lot of cards).

True, sounds like a lot of guilt if you do. I don't know. o_o
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

I just got my CycloDS today, it looks amazing! (now only if my microSD had come today too)
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

Unknown wrote:
fuctfuct wrote:Keep in mind that DX's free shipping is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Like a month slow. Waiting for my ELink was painful.

:P

I'll order it early then. I'm getting it for mah birthday. :P

EDIT: Just wondering...do you guys even buy NDS games since you guys have flash carts? Seems kind of pointless to buy one in store when you could just download it. I wish I would have found these earlier...

Ordered mine from dealextreme yes its slow but I didn't care. I buy games once in a while if I like them a lot, but never when they just come out. Think of it as try before you buy or use it as a backup to your previously owned games.

To give an example after playing metroid prime pinball for 5 hours and getting millions of points and not unlocking much just got bored of it and felt real glad didn't buy it cause there was not much gameplay there for me. Also using homebrew like DS organize and listening to your mp3's is also nice.
Unknown
8-bit

Post by Unknown »

So, is realhotstuff.com slow? I haven't had the chance to order mine so I'm just making last-second checks. On realhotstuff, SuperCard is $8 more with the SD card. So DX shipping is slow. Is realhotstuff FAST? If so, is it fast enough to spend $8 more?

Another question that popped into my head. Is it possible to save games into the GBA slot? How would I do that? Would I need something else?

EDIT: Sorry that I have a lot of questions. What are the supported files types for SuperCard?
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

Unknown wrote:So, is realhotstuff.com slow? I haven't had the chance to order mine so I'm just making last-second checks. On realhotstuff, SuperCard is $8 more with the SD card. So DX shipping is slow. Is realhotstuff FAST? If so, is it fast enough to spend $8 more?
I ordered my CycloDS last friday from RHS and had it shipped by USPS priority mail, got it Monday. They are a great place to order from.
Unknown
8-bit

Post by Unknown »

Awesome, I just need my other question answered, plus this:
Would a card I bought for my PSP work with it?
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

Unknown wrote:Awesome, I just need my other question answered, plus this:
Would a card I bought for my PSP work with it?

PSP uses memory stick pro duo and the latest flash cards use MicroSD, very different.