N64 tutorial

Emu Talk Goes Here
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

racketboy wrote:Ok, now we HAVE to make some guides! (Even if we have to research)
Group project???

I don't mind helping out. Just let me know what you need me to do. (I've already fiddled around little with the emu and configured the 360 pad with it)
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Here's the essentials we need:

What settings in the emulator we need to change (screenshots of the boxes/menus are very helpful)

Different filter or texture files we need (I can host them on the site)

Screenshot of the effects we are featuring.

The ePSXe Guide linked to at the beginning of the thread should give you a good idea, but even that can be improved on.
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

I've managed to get one of these texture packs working.

I followed these instructions from here: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/archive/ ... t-738.html

Some pics (Keep in mind that these were taken in 1024x768 only):

Original
Texture Pack

Original
Texture Pack

Original
Texture Pack

Personally I'm not too keen on this texture pack but it is the only one I have found so far.

Hope I got the ball rolling on this.
Overdosed on Gaming
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Actually found a better texture pack. So some more pics:

Original
Hires

Original
Hires

Original
Hires
Overdosed on Gaming
cowgod
16-bit

Post by cowgod »

very nice kinn.

i saw that first set and said to myself *ewwww*. that second pack you found is leaps and bounds better. looks fantastic.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

now tell us how you did it :)
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

I stumbled onto here: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/archive/ ... t-738.html

Got the required files from there and then followed the instructions. This is how I got it up and running. There might be a different and better way though i.e. getting the files from the official Project 64 site etc.

Its just basically installing Project 64 and a video plug-in for it and then putting the texture pack into the right place.

So you need:
The emulator - Project 64
Rice's Video Plug-In
BMGLIB for Rice's Video Plug-In
Project 64 RDB v1.60.15

And of course you need the ROM and texture pack. The right version of the ROM is required and the texture pack folder name should be correctly named. In this case it was the "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)" ROM and the texture pack folder was named "The Legend of Zelda". I got the 2nd texture pack that I used from here: http://www.coolrom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4015. They also have texture packs for other games as well there.

Ok so you need to:

-Install Project 64.

-Browse to where you installed the emulator and unzip Rice's Video Plug-In into the Plugin folder.

-Unzip BMGLIB.dll and Project 64 RDB v1.60.15 to the same location where Project64.exe is located.

-Unzip the texture pack into plugin\hires_texture\ folder.

-Fire up the emulator and go to "Options\Settings...". Select Rice's Video Plug-In as the Video plugin.

-Go to "Options\Configure Graphics Plugin..." and under the "Texture Filters" tab tick "Load hi-res texture if available".

-Open the ROM and you should see that the texture pack will be loaded in. Now enjoy!

Hope this helps. Post your shots and let us know what the other texture packs are like for the other games.
Overdosed on Gaming