Buffalo SNES USB Controller

Emu Talk Goes Here
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Buffalo SNES USB Controller

Post by fuctfuct »

I have been wanting one of these for a while. Finally got one in the mail today.

I was a little worried it wouldn't be as good as i hopped. My worry was misplaced. Quality all round. If you play SNES/NES a lot on your PC i %100 recommend you pick one up.

Video `review` (Not mine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lpt14KtZc
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Re: Buffalo SNES USB Controller

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Hm nice USB controller, but that useless video did very little for it. Maybe you should do a video review yourself, I'd like to see that sucker in action.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

I always see those things at the store but since I'm wicked picky on dpads, I've always been scared to pick on up.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

The D-Pad on this is great! I can`t speak for the other cheap USB SNES pads but i hear they are all craptastic. Which is why i chose this one after a bit or reading :)
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

fuctfuct wrote:The D-Pad on this is great! I can`t speak for the other cheap USB SNES pads but i hear they are all craptastic. Which is why i chose this one after a bit or reading :)

Do you have a SNES pad to compare it to? Or better yet, do you have a SNES to USB adapter to compare the two?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

Sorry, I don't have any SNES pads on had ATM. I have had many in the past though. However, It has been 20 years since i felt a crisp new SNES D-pad out of the box. Comparing a D-pad with 20 years of use to one with 1 hour on it seems unfair hehe. To me this feels as close to a new SNES D-pad your likely to get for under $20. It is a Japanese company, if that means anything to you. Pretty sure it was made in china but it defiantly feels like Japanese quality. I played about an hour of Mario World to test and it felt natural with no missed directions.

I am not sure what comparing it to an Nintendo controller + USB adapter would accomplish.

*shrugs* .. for $20 you cant really go wrong. It is a quality controller (Unlike the POS Tomee one). If you find you don't like it im sure you could sell it easy enough.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

True about 20 year old vs new... Then again, I did get the SNES classic controller for Wii and even that one being new felt off to me. I guess I gotta wear it in. :roll:
Buffalo SNES? Why not? It's on sale on Amazon right now anyways (roughly $10).
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

I dont see any on Amazon. I only see 3 of the shitty ones. On the .com site anyways.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

On Amazon Japan. I usually shop on 3 different ones, US, UK, & JP, so I usually just say Amazon. :oops:
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

hehe... Id say for $10 its defiantly worth it. But, don`t yell at me if you hate it. Just sell it to me for cheap :)

I wish they made an NES version. I never liked the Famicom style (the only version they make)