Anybody Use Sega Saturn Emulators?

Emu Talk Goes Here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:Anybody have more thoughts on this topic?

I think thats about it. It pretty much just comes down to SSF.
JC
16-bit

Post by JC »

racketboy wrote:Anybody have more thoughts on this topic?

None other than I need to upgrade my PC! :lol:
Frogybloop

Post by Frogybloop »

I did a bunch of research on saturn emulators recently to try and feed my sudden and recent need for NiGHTs. But best i was able to find was also SSF o.07 beta 9. After all the trash I was reading about how crappy saturn emulators are....I was rather surprised at how well it actually works. Quite a few games actually run at full speed (graphically at least) on my laptop. After about 5 minutes of play each game suddenly becomes extremely slow, but im sure it has something to do with my system being all gummed up. It is in no way a substitute for an actual saturn as the sound often hiccups and I haven't yet seen a working FMV sequence. Im thinking it might have something to do with the loading off of the CD as this is when all the slowdown seems to occur. Has anyone been able to get this to run off of a mounted image?

On another note, i recently found a huge source for saturn images (and pretty much all games for that matter) at the address below. Its an incredible game sharing site that is really well organized. However you do have to obtain an invite from a current member to get in. There are two different saturn game torrents in there that are larger than 60 gigs for both US and japanese games that ive been tapping to get some of the greats and they are heavily seeded. Unfortunately I dont have any invites to give out, but the site can direct you to an irc channel, which is where I obtained mine. Good luck!

http://www.underground-gamer.com/
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Frogybloop wrote:On another note, i recently found a huge source for saturn images (and pretty much all games for that matter) at the address below. Its an incredible game sharing site that is really well organized. However you do have to obtain an invite from a current member to get in. There are two different saturn game torrents in there that are larger than 60 gigs for both US and japanese games that ive been tapping to get some of the greats and they are heavily seeded. Unfortunately I dont have any invites to give out, but the site can direct you to an irc channel, which is where I obtained mine. Good luck!

http://www.underground-gamer.com/

We're aware.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

You sure you can't see the FMVs cuz it's a rip?
Nishnabotna
8-bit

Post by Nishnabotna »

I will try out this SSF. Might release the tension until I can get my mod chip working :p
4ppleseed
64-bit

Post by 4ppleseed »

I did some testing last night using SSF_008_alpha_R4 and mounting Cue/Bin or ISO images using Alcohol 120%'s virtual drive. It pretty much booted every Saturn image I tried and the results were very playable. Sound was good and FMV worked fine.

I also gave Giri Giri a go and it actually seemed a little faster but I had more problems getting it to run things.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

4ppleseed wrote:I did some testing last night using SSF_008_alpha_R4 and mounting Cue/Bin or ISO images using Alcohol 120%'s virtual drive. It pretty much booted every Saturn image I tried and the results were very playable. Sound was good and FMV worked fine.

I also gave Giri Giri a go and it actually seemed a little faster but I had more problems getting it to run things.

That sounds about right.