Random xbox Achievement/Gamer Score Questions

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Random xbox Achievement/Gamer Score Questions

Post by Jagosaurus »

I've been really enjoying the 360E I picked up in January (first one I've had access to since 2009). I'm trying to make an effort to pick up or DL games compatible with xbox One as I know I'll get one eventually.

That said, I read your gamertag and associated gamer score will transfer over (360 to One) but not your individual achievements per game. First, did I understand that right?

Secondly (assuming above is correct), couldn't people work the system and replay their compatible 360 games, gaining achievements (and gamer score points) for a second time on XBOne? Essentially, double dipping.

While I know they're pointless, just curious. Wish the oXbox compatible games had achievements added in for some added replay value!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Random xbox Achievement/Gamer Score Questions

Post by Jagosaurus »

Looks like I found this answer. You can "double dip."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013 ... -same-game
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Not sure if you're curious about PS3/PS4 as well but it's mostly case by case there. Sometimes a release has two separate trophy sets across the two platforms or sometimes the trophy sets are shared. I even played an imported version of REmake PS3 and got several trophies a few years ago, then more recently played the newer PS4 release to get the rest of the trophies in the same set.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Interesting. Thanks Xeo. I haven't had a PS3 since around 2009... but you never know. There's a handful of exclusives I want to experience (Last of Us!).

I don't plan on really exploiting this on xbox, but I am going to pick up a One console here soon to play Halo 5. Likely Christmas. Highly likely I'll run back through the 360 Halo games at some point on the new console. Was wondering if I should just wait to find all the hidden skulls. Starting looking that up and went down a rabbit hole.

Find it odd xbox live spans between generations for online play but they can't track achievements.

Oh well, pointless question answered.