Horizon Zero Dawn

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by Gunstar Green »

Just picked up the complete edition of this on sale and I'm enjoying it but I don't play an abundance of open world games. I've only gotten to the part where the game really opens up so we'll see how long it keeps my attention. So far I'm enjoying the world building and the combat is pretty satisfying, at least against the robo dinos. It wasn't as fun fighting people. That said Nier Automata was a game that didn't click with me despite having a lot of elements that I would normally like, so different strokes and whatnot.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I just picked this up too, not the complete edition though (not like I’d ever get to the dlc anyway). I haven’t gotten far but it seems fun to me. I like sliding and shooting. I also don’t play many open world games so it might not be as stale to me. I think Zelda Breath if the Wild was the first one I’d beaten since GTA:Vice City, although I’ve played a decent amount of MgSV as well
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

My advice is not to get overwhelmed with all the optional stuff, do the big optional tasks and stick to the story. Hunting down all the trinkets and whatnot impacted my enjoyment significantly until I said "screw it" and proceeded down the major plotline.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Sarge wrote:My advice is not to get overwhelmed with all the optional stuff, do the big optional tasks and stick to the story. Hunting down all the trinkets and whatnot impacted my enjoyment significantly until I said "screw it" and proceeded down the major plotline.

Will do, I normally only bother with side stuff if I'm really enjoying the core gameplay and just want an excuse to do more of it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I just picked up the game again to knock out the DLC. And I still really miss Breath of the Wild's ability to climb every mountain.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.