Looking For A Third Party Battery For The PSP

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Looking For A Third Party Battery For The PSP

Post by casterofdreams »

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good third party battery for the PSP. The original batteries for a couple of units have plumped up despite them being out of the system and not in any kind of use and were disposed of. I can play the PSP via AC adapter but the second "P" would be pointless in this case.

Thanks in advance.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Looking For A Third Party Battery For The PSP

Post by nightrnr »

Not sure what is out there. I do know that most anything on eBay from china is just trash (judging from my few orders).

Might have been worth keeping those batteries for a potential mod though:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14367.0

I want to try adding a AA pack sometime for some more reasonable battery life (as opposed to AAA's). I would attach it to the back somehow, or even fit it into the UMB space on a unit with a defective drive (but otherwise working).
But any modding option would require that small circuit board from the battery.

I haven't done anything myself yet, as I have a working battery. But necessity will lead me to this one day.
...just another lost soul...
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: Looking For A Third Party Battery For The PSP

Post by casterofdreams »

Interesting mod. It's way out of my skill range (non-existent). I couldn't keep those batteries because it would be a health hazard if I opened them up. That and the plastic warped so it didn't even fit in the PSP.

Who ever manufactured the third-party GBA SP batteries I have did a fine job IMO but no one seems to make a PSP battery of notable quality.

My quest continues