Best PS4 games for local multiplayer

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Best PS4 games for local multiplayer

Post by ZeroAX »

Just ordered my PS4 and while I've got something to play on single player, I would love to have some fun games to play against my flatmate and our friends.

I like fighting games, kart racers (or in general, arcade racers) and the only sport game that I like is NBA 2K. So any recommendations for the best local multiplayer (competitive or co-op) games on the PS4?

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Best PS4 games for local multiplayer

Post by isiolia »

A slightly non-obvious, albeit often-suggested game is Diablo III, which supports up to four player couch co-op. The console version is actually very well adapted and (to me) comes in almost like a modernized Gauntlet Legends.

While not exactly the same, Divinity: Original Sin actually has couch co-op, though only for two players.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Borderlands Handsome Collection - 4 Player couch co-op You've probably played bordlerlands before so there isn't much point in explaining it.
Wild Guns Reloaded- 4 Player couch co-op Pretty cool little arcade shooter from the SNES has shared screen co-op.
Rocket League- 4 Player couch co-op This is probably one of the most popular competitive arcade sports games at the moment. Basically rocket cars playing soccer. Think they added basketball as well a while back but I didn't much care for it.
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair - 2 Player couch co-op Basically fighting giant robots, insects, aliens, and etc. on a massive scale. It gets pretty crazy but it's fun.

There is a full list over at co-optimus
http://www.co-optimus.com/games.php

Sadly a lot of games are have online only co-op :P.
Last edited by Fragems on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Seeing as this has no online but was clearly designed with multiplayer in mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaY1JFFm5SU

If I lived near you I'd come play it with you :)
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Re: MMPR Mega Battle

I had no idea this was even a thing! Looks really cool, with lots of throwback to old MMPR. Sad it's only consoles, though.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

ZeroAX wrote:Just ordered my PS4 and while I've got something to play on single player, I would love to have some fun games to play against my flatmate and our friends.

I like fighting games, kart racers (or in general, arcade racers) and the only sport game that I like is NBA 2K. So any recommendations for the best local multiplayer (competitive or co-op) games on the PS4?

If you don't already have them on PC, get the following:

• Helldivers
• Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
• Assault Android Cactus
• Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive

These all support up to 4 players co-op.

Helldivers received a physical release that includes most of the DLC on disc (DLC code is included for the PS3/Vita versions.

• Resident Evils 4 - 6 received remasters on PS4/PC/XboxOne. 5 - 6 support split screen co-op that mostly runs at 60fps. While not as good as the PC versions, they are leaps and bounds better than the original PS360 releases.

• Resident Evil Revelations 2 supports split screen co-op for its campaign and Raid mode.

..and the titles that Fragems said.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Overcooked is a FANTASTIC game with friends, especially with three or four people. It's all about cooperative problem solving through cooking dishes, and each operating different parts of the kitchen. It's super fun!

Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time is also a very fun game about cooperative problem solving, but only with two players. (And it's 5 bucks right now on sale!)

I've also had oodles of local party fun with the Jackbox Party Packs, all three of which have at least one really great game on it (and the first and second are on sale atm for 5 bucks a piece!)

Magicka 2 is a little old now, but it's still all of the fantastic wizard-homicide of the original jacked up to 11! (you can move while you cast now, and the controls are made 1000% better for controllers compared to the first!)
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

TSTR wrote:Re: MMPR Mega Battle

I had no idea this was even a thing! Looks really cool, with lots of throwback to old MMPR. Sad it's only consoles, though.

Hopefully it gets a steam release at some point like Double Dragon Neon did. It's a fun game. I've been playing through it as the white ranger and having a blast. Evil Green Ranger kicked my ass pretty hard though LOL
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Sorry to double post, but in regards to your post TSTR I just found out about this

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 8334517248
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Ah, good to know!