No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I discovered that piracy is a pretty good way to make money. Find a big cargo ship, blow the shit out of the cargo containers on the side, and then run away to a planet to shake the sentinel ships. I got like 500,000 units worth of crap from a 30 second battle.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

There are a lot of ways to make good cash without using the exploit people have found. Yesterday I was playing with a friend and we found a cave system with these little brain spiders. The cave system was huge and we found loads of Albumin pearls hidden in pods. When you get them the sentinels were deployed but they couldn't get to us in the cave system so we loaded up our ship and went off and almost got a million units for 15 minutes worth of work. A beacon is just outside the cave system so I can always return and grind it out if I want
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've been ignoring this thread since I haven't had a chance yet to install it. I wanna play for a little while "under a rock" before I start reading other people's stuff. But, I'm going to install it later today and start playing!
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Oh and for anyone wanting to get to the center sadly blackholes seem necessary unless you want to waste like a month doing normal jumps which really sucks since you basically randomly knockout a piece of your ship with each jump and some are a bitch to repair.

Technically I don't think you are supposed to be able to seek out black holes easily since whenever you get to a space anomaly they act like giving you a way point to a black hole is a reward. However when in the galactic map they are clearly marked by a triangular outline when selecting a system and the markers can be seen from light years away making them easy to spot.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ziggy587 wrote:I've been ignoring this thread since I haven't had a chance yet to install it. I wanna play for a little while "under a rock" before I start reading other people's stuff. But, I'm going to install it later today and start playing!

I did as well and you are right to do so. My only suggestion to you is pay attention to the tutorial and follow it's guidance.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Just realized some of the none hostile animals can be feed carbon. After feeding they get a smile emoticon over there head and they lead you to a random item usually something really common like plutonium. Really not a useful feature but thought it was interesting.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Once you get the Atlas V1 pass which is given to you pretty early on in the Atlas path you can access the second door in the spaceports which is home to a back pack slot upgrade store as well as usually a free multitool/suit upgrade.

Today I did a little ship farming like Elkin mentioned and I'm now up to 45 slots :) .

Still having a bitch of a time getting to the center though I'm basically just using black holes over and over again up until my ship is completely crippled then I'm having to farm on a planet for a few hours for repairs and warp cores before repeating the same process over and over. Still 143911.8 light years from the center of the universe so it will probably be another two to three weeks before i get there if I don't move on to another game before then :P.

Curious if anyone has managed to get there yet seems nearly impossible but I'm sure there is someone who has been playing 24/7 since launch who is close if not there already.

Edit: Black holes took out 3 warp drives in a row so I'm calling it a night since that will be another 2-5 hours to repair them all again :roll: . They really need a repair garage or some shielding system upgrade that you can install for black holes having to collect materials to repair this crappy damage which is only there to drag out the game is annoying as hell. Especially given the amount of progress you are rewarded for your effort. Really having to take 200+ black holes to get to the center of the universe is bullshit especially when each and every black hole knocks out a piece of your equipment making things even more tedious.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I'm pretty cheesed off right now because my game is bugged. I was trying to finish the Atlas Path and I got to the fifth stone then my map failed to update, telling me that my next Atlas Interface was the one I was already at.

OK, I thought, I'll go to Nada and he'll give me another one maybe. Found him in a few jumps and when I asked to continue the path of the Atlas all it did was make my current system my next waypoint which didn't have an Atlas Station in it at all.

Alright then... maybe if I go back to Nada and ask for a black hole it'll reset it and I can get an Atlas station the next time I see him after that. So I start following the yellow path to the center again and I just can't find the jerks after over a dozen jumps.

So is there any way to find Atlas Stations without the path, or an easy way to find black holes maybe? I'm just stuck right now and it's really irritating because I just want to go back to the pace I was playing at originally.

I reported the bug to Hello Games but they're swamped so I don't expect a reply. I may just give up and sell off the stones, though having the glitched path in my map forever would still bug the hell out of me.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Still not reading any of this thread...

I got 3 hours in. I spent a while hiking around on the starting planet. Finally made it out into space and visited a near by space station and 2 or 3 more planets real fast. I'm still not sure how I want to play the game, that is, spending on a lot of time on planets or just planet hoping.

One thing that pissed me off... I met an alien dude that gestured for my multi tool. So I gave it to him and he offered a better multi tool with more slots. I was gonna take it, but I hit a wrong button or something and exited that option menu. Now it seems like I lost that opportunity.

Speaking of slots... Is there an easy way to get more slots, or will that just come with better gear? I quickly got into a situation where all my slots are filled and I can't pick up any more items. I'm hesitant to off load materials in case I need them for crafting or something.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I may never get to the center of the galaxy or the end of the Atlas path. I just got to my first Atlas interface last night. I spend SOOO much time exploring planets... :lol:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.