Best New PS3 Deal - 2016

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Ziggy

Re: Best New PS3 Deal - 2016

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the disc drive. Some people have complained about freezing issues though. I don't know if that's widespread, or just an issue when the super slim first dropped but isn't now, or what.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Ziggy587 wrote:Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the disc drive. Some people have complained about freezing issues though. I don't know if that's widespread, or just an issue when the super slim first dropped but isn't now, or what.

Hm, I hadn't read that but haven't looked in a long time. For only $150, I'm considering it. I don't own a PS3 at the moment. I bought a PS2 10 years after launch so I'm right on time again :)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, IDK, I've read from a few sources and saw a few videos that say the disc drive can have trouble reading discs. It's hard to tell if maybe there's just a problem with 1% of super slims out there, or if the super slim's drive isn't as good. Another point though is a lot of people say it's a lot noisier than the regular slim.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I have a super slim and have used it pretty heavily for over 2 years now with no problems.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Jagosaurus wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the disc drive. Some people have complained about freezing issues though. I don't know if that's widespread, or just an issue when the super slim first dropped but isn't now, or what.
Hm, I hadn't read that but haven't looked in a long time. For only $150, I'm considering it. I don't own a PS3 at the moment. I bought a PS2 10 years after launch so I'm right on time again :)

:lol: The price at $150 new very tempting!

See my PS3 YLOD Thread in my signature
My son has a PS3 Slim due to the original PS2 compatible unit continuing to fail so many times thru the Sony exchange program. I have bought a few must have PS3 games over the years (tested working on son's console) and might eventually now pick up a PS3 500gb console for myself.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

foxhound1022 wrote:I have a super slim and have used it pretty heavily for over 2 years now with no problems.

This.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"